FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

My 1970 early bay single cab resto.....................come inside and meet "Whoosh"

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mario

Mario

my 1970 Swedish Import(via Northern Ireland) early bay single cab OG Colour....Dove Blue

Right then,

here i go again..............resto number 3...........bloody hell ive just realised this will be my 3 rd in less than 2 yrs :eek:

Coming up during this thread i will be sorting out "Whoosh",so named because of what i am going to put into her(but that will wait for now as it will come in its own build thread wink )......and please if ive already spoke to you about whats going into her dont mention it here as i i want to keep the threads seperate.

I picked this single cab up in March as part of the deal i did on my 56 Swedish Oval...............and as it happens this cab is a Swedish import.......bit of a theme here with Swedish things,might have to try the wife and see if i can get a Swedish au-pair to look after me lol (*EDIT* just asked the wife and for some reason she said fuckoff confused lol lol )

The cab came as a project,having had previous work done by previous owners................i dont slag folk off,so, i will just say that any work done,is not what i would accept of myself,so i will be cutting it ALL out and re-doing...........it comes almost complete,accept for no front screen or headlights.

Work i do know that needs (re)doing......
both side of cab floor
tool chest floor(previous work)
top hats(previous work............keep an ete out for the pics on these top hats wink )

Who knows what else i will find :eek: lol

My idea with this one is to have some fun with and also take my time on it.Each of my previous restos have been on a tight schedule........

Plans are...........(altho i may change these as im not on a strict one direction i shall see where it takes me)

Re-do all previous welding...
Lower it(possibly on hydraulics)
Narrow it(maybe by 4 inches)
Centreline or erco wheels
Paint scheme..............one of the following,ive not really decided yet.........

My 1970  early bay single cab resto.....................come inside and meet "Whoosh" WHOOSHtwotonegreyBrownbottom
My 1970  early bay single cab resto.....................come inside and meet "Whoosh" WHOOSHtwotonedarkgreybrown
My 1970  early bay single cab resto.....................come inside and meet "Whoosh" WHOOSHtwotoneGreywithERCOS
My 1970  early bay single cab resto.....................come inside and meet "Whoosh" WHOOSHtwotonebrowngreybottom
My 1970  early bay single cab resto.....................come inside and meet "Whoosh" WHOOSHALLgreywithercos

Here is what she looks like now................(more pics will follow,as usual)

My 1970  early bay single cab resto.....................come inside and meet "Whoosh" DSC02249

Today i pulled off the side and tail gates(all will need work)
Both cab doors off
Both seats out

And then.like the old twat i am, i decided to move my new compressor and promptly fucked my back Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes :mad: lol wanker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So,i cant get down onto the floor to get pics of underneath...................i will update with more pics as soon as my back lets me.......................

This is going to be a relaxed build so for a wee while i wont have many updates as i have a few other things on at the same time.................

I will be running this thread on vzi aswell,as the amount of folk with the right info is vast and i will always listen to folk with more knowledge than myself wink
So, if you read it on vzi you will notice it will be slightly different wink
Also i am starting the thread off here first,as we are trying to build the Project Forum.

As the thread progresses please feel free to add any comments.This will help the thread build and hopefully be of use to folk in the future.
As with most folk,all my skills are self taught and i do everything i can myself.....if i fuck it up,then i learn from the fuck up and go again,so,dont be afraid to shout out with any Tips/Tricks/Hints,cos,like i said oop there^^^ it will help us all wink

Right im orf for now and back willing,i will add more pics in the next day or two.

Keep smilin y'all

Mario Very Happy

Footnote.........................

Toastie...i would like to chat with you about the idea you have for Dickie's hydraulics at some point please wink

Dickie..................will need to chat about twin carb set-up for my 1641 at some point please wink

Last edited by Mario on 9/9/2011, 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Stereophoney

Stereophoney

Looking forward to this one wink

bloste25

bloste25

my offer of 50 sheets still stands if ur back plays up too much lol wink

only jesting, looks like a cracker. can't wait to see the progress :thumbup:

Mario

Mario

bloste25 wrote:my offer of 50 sheets still stands if ur back plays up too much lol wink

only jesting, looks like a cracker. can't wait to see the progress :thumbup:

:moon: lol

looks can be deceiving my friend......as you shall see in the coming posts wink

Last edited by Mario on 8/9/2011, 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mario

Mario

while im researching on whose panels to use,i decided to start chopping in the cab area........

a good few repairs have already been done................

left hand side cab floor.

My 1970  early bay single cab resto.....................come inside and meet "Whoosh" Ogfloorrepairdriversside

i will let YOU decide on the quality of repair and welding wink

Patch removal.

My 1970  early bay single cab resto.....................come inside and meet "Whoosh" Driverfloor

all crap metal removed.

My 1970  early bay single cab resto.....................come inside and meet "Whoosh" Craprepaircutout

which left the chassis leg exposed................well its supoosed to be a chassis leg wink

My 1970  early bay single cab resto.....................come inside and meet "Whoosh" Driverscabfloorchassis

that is some sort of rubber gloop im holding^^^^ sealant maybe???

and this next one shows the erm......."repair" panel used

My 1970  early bay single cab resto.....................come inside and meet "Whoosh" Chassisrepairgloop

This^^^^^^^^^ literally came off in my hand without any force or cutting.............

thats all for now folks................keep smilin y'all Very Happy

bloste25

bloste25

there will probably be plenty more where that came from but all it needs is time smile

i always fancyed a single cab as a resto...........but i think ill wait and see wot this has in store first lol lol

Mario

Mario

bloste25 wrote:there will probably be plenty more where that came from but all it needs is time smile

i always fancyed a single cab as a resto...........but i think ill wait and see wot this has in store first lol lol

it will all come good in the end matey Very Happy

ironic thing about this is..................i WAS going to sell her lol lol

she will bring me lots of fun during the resto and afterwards Very Happy

Mario

Mario

im gonna lock this now as she is up for sale.............

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum