FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yuletide greetings, Merry Christmas, and Happy Saturnalia to our happy band of FDK

+4
Toastie
Mario
dicky mint
SP2
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SP2

SP2

It's the deepest darkest time of the year...but time to celebrate!!! Things are on the up! The old ones knew it...and now the FDK know it. Read on, and Yuletide greetings...

The Pagan celebration of Winter Solstice (also known as Yule) is one of the oldest winter celebrations in the world.
Ancient people were hunters and spent most of their time outdoors. The seasons and weather played a very important part in their lives. Because of this many ancient people had a great reverence for, and even worshipped the sun. The Norsemen of Northern Europe saw the sun as a wheel that changed the seasons. It was from the word for this wheel, houl, that the word yule is thought to have come. At mid-winter the Norsemen lit bonfires, told stories and drank sweet ale.
The ancient Romans also held a festival to celebrate the rebirth of the year. Saturnalia ran for seven days from the 17th of December. It was a time when the ordinary rules were turned upside down. Men dressed as women and masters dressed as servants. The festival also involved decorating houses with greenery, lighting candles, holding processions and giving presents.

The Winter Solstice falls on the shortest day of the year (21st December) and was celebrated in Britain long before the arrival of Christianity. The Druids (Celtic priests) would cut the mistletoe that grew on the oak tree and give it as a blessing. Oaks were seen as sacred and the winter fruit of the mistletoe was a symbol of life in the dark winter months.
It was also the Druids who began the tradition of the yule log. The Celts thought that the sun stood still for twelve days in the middle of winter and during this time a log was lit to conquer the darkness, banish evil spirits and bring luck for the coming year.
Many of these customs are still followed today. They have been incorporated into the Christian and secular celebrations of Christmas.

In the past, they knew how to look forward with hope...well, now perhaps we need to more than ever. So Yuletide greetings, Merry Christmas, happy Saturnalia, or, as Dave Allen (RIP) used to say "May your God go with you..." smile

dicky mint

dicky mint

thanks for that.
we have a sort of yule log here on christmas day. i just keep backing it up througout the day and hopefully it stays in all day. mostly it dosnt though sad .

sorry, should say its on the fire carzzy

Mario

Mario

HAPPY XMAS everyone hug hug hug

and may 2012 be the year your dreams and wishes come true Very Happy

SP2

SP2

dicky mint wrote:thanks for that.
we have a sort of yule log here on christmas day. i just keep backing it up througout the day and hopefully it stays in all day. mostly it dosnt though sad .

sorry, should say its on the fire carzzy

Hello mate. Congrats on being the first on the "log" joke. wink Incidentally, great to meet you guys yesterday smile

Mario wrote:HAPPY XMAS everyone hug hug hug

and may 2012 be the year your dreams and wishes come true Very Happy

You too Mario. Hope to meet up again next year somwhere. smile

dicky mint

dicky mint

SP2 wrote:Hello mate. Congrats on being the first on the "log" joke. wink Incidentally, great to meet you guys yesterday smile

yes it was, and to be able to verbally comunicate instead of waves and thumbs up lol

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

happy xmas you lot ,. guna try and have a great xmas cuz next year could be hard , i think a fair few of us are worried about the next few months so let hope we all get sorted one way or another x

dirty di

dirty di

happy christmas chicks one and all xx i.m hoping for a better new year hug

the braincell

the braincell

Tar Very Happy - Yuletide log added to the calender for list of things to do this week. Not dickymints version of the log, a proper one ! - With swiss roll and icing sugar Very Happy

Neil

Neil

I don't have a fire, so a bit of wood perched on top of the radiator lasts all day and longer............looks shit though, even with tinsel on it!!! Have a cool Yule everyone, lets hope 2012 is a bloody site better than 2011. I'm happy, at least I have a bus now.......... wink \bus

mrs mint

mrs mint

Happy christmas everyone :group: Yuletide greetings, Merry Christmas,  and Happy Saturnalia to our happy band of FDK 386569

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum