FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

it's not started... for years

+4
Mario
oilyT
bugjammin
paddy
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1it's not started... for years Empty it's not started... for years 20/11/2013, 12:20 am

paddy

paddy

Finally got my beetle back to my place at the weekend just gone - so I'm shaming myself into making progress on it by starting a thread.....

I did a load of metalwork on the car a few years ago, then mothballed it. There is some stuff on an old thread on another forum if you like looking at rusty tat: Old stuff I did years ago

Garage is all ready to go now - and that is all I have pics of today Very Happy 

it's not started... for years 007_zps8e2a8dc3

My dad (in the pics) has been a great help getting the garage into a workable state Cool 

I even have a funky 1920s art deco carpet to set fire to.....

it's not started... for years 008_zps679a266d

The car is in the garage now - but I have no pics. I'll update as I go on.... Only on here though. FDK exclusive lol

2it's not started... for years Empty Re: it's not started... for years 20/11/2013, 7:12 am

bugjammin

bugjammin

Cool put up plenty of pics!

3it's not started... for years Empty Re: it's not started... for years 20/11/2013, 9:35 am

oilyT

oilyT

Nice one Paddy.smile  whats next on the list with it?

4it's not started... for years Empty Re: it's not started... for years 20/11/2013, 12:07 pm

Mario

Mario

is it finished yet?

sorry i had to Very Happy

5it's not started... for years Empty Re: it's not started... for years 20/11/2013, 3:42 pm

substandard

substandard

garage envy like 

6it's not started... for years Empty Re: it's not started... for years 20/11/2013, 8:25 pm

paddy

paddy

Cheers chaps smile 

Next on the list is the boot floor I think - I'm gonna put in one of the genuine panels that Heritage sell.... the whole thing inc the engine bay bulkhead.

7it's not started... for years Empty Re: it's not started... for years 24/11/2013, 6:44 pm

Space Monkey

Space Monkey

Cool Very Happy 

8it's not started... for years Empty Re: it's not started... for years 24/11/2013, 9:20 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

your dad looks ace fun smile mine is dead , i mite borrow yours smile

paddy

paddy

Been doing a bit on this lately.

Cut the boot floor and rear bulkhead out
it's not started... for years 049_zps06sdbry6

Bought a genuine panel for it. Genuine...... but didn't fit for shit carzzy
it's not started... for years 248_zpsy8lcqjik

Many hours of messing about and fettling and it fits better now (engine is just there to set the height of the bit where the front tinware sits)
it's not started... for years 253_zpseuksqo9w

Tacked in a few places
it's not started... for years 254_zpsoco2n8in

This is the edge that was miles out. Took a lot of chasing to re-shape the panel - it was 10mm away from touching when first trial fitted
it's not started... for years 258_zpsc26u6ciz

Next bit of fettling before final welding the whole lot in is this bit. As you can see it's miles off
it's not started... for years 259_zpsbzbwcusc

More when I get on with it........

Feels good to be messing about with old VW's again though. Cool

10it's not started... for years Empty Re: it's not started... for years 13/7/2015, 9:08 am

oilyT

oilyT

Nice one Paddy. it's amazing how bad even geni panels fit. lol

11it's not started... for years Empty Re: it's not started... for years 14/7/2015, 4:53 pm

alibabs

alibabs

what i would give for a garage to work in !! good work paddy smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum