FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tinware WANTED

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1grin Tinware WANTED 4/2/2010, 9:34 pm

bixit

bixit

Front and rear engine tinware needed for late bay camper. any condition will do as long as its reasonably solid. cheers.

2grin Re: Tinware WANTED 4/2/2010, 10:05 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

bixit wrote:Front and rear engine tinware needed for late bay camper. any condition will do as long as its reasonably solid. cheers.
You gonna say hello first then?? Tinware WANTED 16560 Tinware WANTED 46825
Is it a type 4 engine or type1??

3grin Re: Tinware WANTED 6/2/2010, 8:57 am

bixit

bixit

Sorry, yeah hi ! we're Damo and Joe from Glosvegas.
we've got a '77 bay. Tinware WANTED 518679can't miss it, it's bright green. Tinware WANTED 751591
just got myself a new type 1 motor after blowing the old one. but need the tinware to close the engine bay off.

4grin Re: Tinware WANTED 7/2/2010, 4:39 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

bixit wrote:Sorry, yeah hi ! we're Damo and Joe from Glosvegas.
we've got a '77 bay. Tinware WANTED 518679can't miss it, it's bright green. Tinware WANTED 751591
just got myself a new type 1 motor after blowing the old one. but need the tinware to close the engine bay off.
Did you not have any with your old engine?
Did you have a type1 motor before or swapped over from a type4??
Its just if you have swapped over from one to another,the tinware is like rocking horse shit to find Tinware WANTED 77324

5grin Re: Tinware WANTED 7/2/2010, 5:34 pm

bixit

bixit

Yeah!!! upgraded from a standard type 1 1600 TP, to a 1914cc MoFoCo engine. and like a muppet, let the tinware go with the old engine not realising that nobody does reproduction versions and its rarer than rare 2nd hand. DOH !!
I'm now thinking about getting some beetle tin and using it as a template, then making up the rest with a cut sheet of tin. leaving the front piece off, and fitting an external oil cooler (and an oil temp sender and gauge).
Not ideal i know, but just cannot get hold of the right pieces of tin at the mo'.

6grin Re: Tinware WANTED 7/2/2010, 5:37 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

bixit wrote:Yeah!!! upgraded from a standard type 1 1600 TP, to a 1914cc MoFoCo engine. and like a muppet, let the tinware go with the old engine not realising that nobody does reproduction versions and its rarer than rare 2nd hand. DOH !!
I'm now thinking about getting some beetle tin and using it as a template, then making up the rest with a cut sheet of tin. leaving the front piece off, and fitting an external oil cooler (and an oil temp sender and gauge).
Not ideal i know, but just cannot get hold of the right pieces of tin at the mo'.
Ooh tasty mate,ive bought a case to build a 1914,cant see me ever doing it though Tinware WANTED 46825

Where have you tried mate?
I know its quite hard but i think i remember seein someone doing bus tinware

7grin Re: Tinware WANTED 7/2/2010, 5:43 pm

bixit

bixit

only stuff we can find is for early bays... pre72..if you do manage find tin for the late bay (i.e. 1977) that wud be great?!Tinware WANTED 77324 as that is now the only thing we need to get her on the road!!! we have literally surf the internet nothin?

8grin Re: Tinware WANTED 7/2/2010, 6:14 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

ray at bug barn normaly has tim where kicking about . someone will have his number . mite be worth a shout .

9grin Re: Tinware WANTED 7/2/2010, 6:23 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

I'll stick a post on vizzy Tinware WANTED 77324
Can you tell me which bits are missing??

10grin Re: Tinware WANTED 7/2/2010, 7:11 pm

EGG

EGG

Hello Bixit.
Are you based in Abbeymead? If so I use to live at the end of your road.
Love the bus. Tinware WANTED 437216

11grin Re: Tinware WANTED 7/2/2010, 8:06 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

someone off vzi has linked me to this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170443073980&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

He reckons volksheaven have some but they want premium money for it Tinware WANTED 77324

12grin Re: Tinware WANTED 9/2/2010, 11:27 am

bixit

bixit

Dickie, thanks for the link, I found that on ebay already, it's not the best bit in the world, but a bit of elbow grease and a lick of paint it should be ok. I shall be watching closely and bid last minute if the price isn't stupidly ridiculous me thinks, the bits i need are front and rear tin (bit over the bell housing and bit over the exhaust silencer)
Toastie, thanks for the advice, but I already tried Ray at bugbarn, and he's got nothing at the mo'. but he's only 2 mins up the road from where i work so i'll keep checking with him from time to time.
Egg, yep that's us, was that you at the end of Honeysuckle ??

13grin Re: Tinware WANTED 9/2/2010, 7:17 pm

EGG

EGG

Yeah thats mine, use to live in the last house before the cycle path. Moved to Stewarts Mill now.
No visor (spelling?) on your advatar pic of your bus. Use to have one didn't you, don't say you got rid looked sweet.

14grin Re: Tinware WANTED 9/2/2010, 7:19 pm

EGG

EGG

There were two light blue 1303's down Honeysuckle. The other was down the last turning on the right. Opposite our old gaff.

15grin Re: Tinware WANTED 9/2/2010, 7:20 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

bixit wrote:Dickie, thanks for the link, I found that on ebay already, it's not the best bit in the world, but a bit of elbow grease and a lick of paint it should be ok. I shall be watching closely and bid last minute if the price isn't stupidly ridiculous me thinks, the bits i need are front and rear tin (bit over the bell housing and bit over the exhaust silencer)
Toastie, thanks for the advice, but I already tried Ray at bugbarn, and he's got nothing at the mo'. but he's only 2 mins up the road from where i work so i'll keep checking with him from time to time.
Egg, yep that's us, was that you at the end of Honeysuckle ??
Where do you work dude??
Im working in bredons norton at the moment Tinware WANTED 77324

16grin Re: Tinware WANTED 9/2/2010, 7:36 pm

bixit

bixit

Egg, yeah thought that was yours parked on the end of last bunch of houses on the left at the bottom of honeysuckle, yours was the one closest the road i think?? oh, and thats an old pic, we still got the visor on the old girl.
Dickie, I work in Bish Cleeve . Is Bredons Norton out past the army place at ashchurch?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum