FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bought a shot blaster today...

+2
Toastie
scotty5
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bought a shot blaster today... Empty Bought a shot blaster today... 7/6/2010, 5:16 pm

scotty5

scotty5

Thought i would make an investment in a future project maby smile
Got it home and got my friend to have a play on this bike frame ... wasnt working to well though
anyone bought a shot blasting gun and had any similar problems?

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

iv never used one . think mark on here was selling one so he mite know a bit about um .

scotty5

scotty5

neather had i but i saw one being used on a car programe on tv and it was ripping all the paint off straight away with no problems at all!
mine seems to take the top coat off ... and then slowly works throught the rest... and i mean slowly lol!
this is wat i bought as already had a compresser
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/sb3-gritblast-gun/path/sandblasting-equipment-and-accessories

Mario

Mario

Sounds to me like it could be blocked Scotty...

i used to use a balster to clean down the aircraft machine guns.........is it using the correct type of beads?????

it could need stripping blowing thru and then cleaning.

scotty5

scotty5

as in the pick up tube and inside the gun?
it blows a shit load of air through when taken out of the mix stuff...
yea bought the recommeded stuff for the gun

Mario

Mario

scotty5 wrote:as in the pick up tube and inside the gun?
it blows a shit load of air through when taken out of the mix stuff...
yea bought the recommeded stuff for the gun

yup,i mean the main air line that takes the beads thru.

Mario

Mario

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. now i see.ive just clicked your link oop there^^^^^..

you have the gun type and not the cabinet...my mistake...

is the compressor blowing to its correct pressure??

scotty5

scotty5

yeaaa running at a higher psi as well.... less horsepower mines a 2 that one says should be a three but thats just to recharge the air cylinder isnt it... have a 50litre tank and its not taking off the paint from the first go...
ill make sure the pick up tube into the little can thing isnt blocked as not very much is coming through .... i was expecting to go throught the litre capacity in a few min... was trying to make it work (well my friend cus of my bad back) for over half an hour and only used like a quater of it

Mario

Mario

it DEFFO sounds like a blockage to me matey........the pick up pipe could be the problem...

EGG

EGG

have you got the correct amount of blasting media, if its anything like the ones we have at work they don't like too much or too little.

scotty5

scotty5

ill get somthing to prob around with today and let you know if it makes any diffrence...
ermm it didnt say how much to put it its got a 1 litre can on it and i fulled it up most of the way.. where do you work? do you have these same gun style ones?

EGG

EGG

Sorry man, we have blast cabinets at work not just the guns. Just having a punt coz its an issue we get.

paddy

paddy

I've used a gun like that in the past.

It.
Was.
Fucking.
Useless.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they really are a waste of time.

scotty5

scotty5

lol haha cooool may have a look when i can to try and see if it is blocked...
if not its going on ebay lol!

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

take it back , tell um it dont work and to stick it up there areses smile

scotty5

scotty5

hhmmm duno how they will like that ... but worth a go i suppose smile much easier than on the old ebay and less hassel

mark. RIP

mark. RIP
Poppa Smurf

lots of things govern these things ...media grade,pressure, pipe sizes,etc when i got mine i used proper shot media the black stuff and it just ate through the pipes also it dont take a lot to block best thing is to take it apart clear it all out and seive whatever your putting in... the last time i used sharp sand in mine and it worked fine (obviously you need to dry it out first though) i ve been told that kids play sand is good but its dear ....hope this helps a bit i aint no expert but i pissed around with mine for weeks trying to secure a contract with a company but gave up ( best left to the experts) just use it for vw bits now

scotty5

scotty5

ok coool! will have a go with some sand... see where i can steal some from hehe!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum