FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breaking mk3 golf estate CL TDI Metallic Green

+5
dicky mint
bentheboffin
Toastie
Mario
anden
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

anden

anden

Breaking a 1998 mk3 golf estate in metallic green.

All parts available except engine, box and engine loom.

Vehicle is in Gloucester.

Breaking mk3 golf estate CL TDI Metallic Green IMG00098-20101031-1103

Will also have a t4 transporter 1.9td engine for sale as a whole or in pieces very soon.

cheers andy

Mario

Mario

How much for the drivers side head light cluster??

anden

anden

how does £12 sound if you can collect?

these headlights also have the angle adjustment motors in the back of them as its a CL.

would prefer collection on this as the amount of headlights ive broken (especially bug ones on mot day!!) LAF

Mario

Mario

No way i can collect fella as im about 600 miles away in Scotland!!!!

I think it may be slightly different as the golf i need it for is the last of the mk3's and it was made in south africa!!

anden

anden

aah right fair enough!!!

post a pic up of what the one you are after looks like and ill compare and get a postage cost if interested and the parts match?? this golf is also last of the mk3's (mk4 was introduced from late r reg onwards) and this golf is S reg mk3

Mario

Mario

okey dokey fella will do.

having looked again i dont think they are too far different if at all. The wifes golf is on a R plate.

will try n get a pic up 2morro.

cheers Very Happy

anden

anden

no worries buddy, also have a look in the dash and see if there are two adjustment wheels next to the lights switch, one will dim the dash lighting, the other will be headlight angle adjust if you have it, these headlights have the motors for this, no idea if theyd work fine without.

Mario

Mario

took a piccy of the lights on the wifes golf and altho it does have the motor to adjust the headlight beem there IS a difference in the head lights.

Breaking mk3 golf estate CL TDI Metallic Green DSC02129

ON the wifes golf it has an inner set of bulbs......on the pic ^^^^^ you can see the 2 circles.
i cant remember if these are the high beem or not.

cheers

Mario

anden

anden

Yeah they sure are different, my knowledge of mk3 golfs isn't all that hot but my guess is that they are gti specific headlights.
Loads of parts are gti only, even the wheels are a different stud pattern and pcd to the rest of mk3 golfs

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

could you swap the pair ? or would that look shite smile

anden

anden

you could do that, and my guess it would look a bit like the picture of the car im breaking but red and with a gti badge lol

probably easier to get hold of a gti one, but both available still if you want them.

bentheboffin

mario the headlights you need are from a golf gti/vr6, or se models, thy are also known as E codes

dicky mint

dicky mint

didnt some cabrios have them too? think theres one near my work.

Mario

Mario

bentheboffin wrote:mario the headlights you need are from a golf gti/vr6, or se models, thy are also known as E codes

Thanks for that fella Very Happy

mash_kins

Hi Andy.

I'm after the instrument cluster if it's the right one. Mine is a 1H ENGINE CODE (I think) Speedo should go to 140mph and revs to 5,000.
The part number is 1HO 919 913 with no letters after it. Its fairly easy to whip out the cluster to check. If the cluster is good then I may be interested in a whole ream of other stuff. Front bumper and grill, wings (if not rotten).

Link to step by step cluster removal with pics http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3798520

What colour is the interior? If it's the cream with light coloured print on it then i'll be after some of the insides too.

I need the instrument cluster fairly urgently as mine is broken at the moment and MOT is soon.

Give me a call if poss 07845 686 448

Thanks

Tomasz

anden

anden

ive not got the clocks at home at the moment, they are in a box in the back of the vehicle i am engine converting together with the remains of the loom im using for my engine conversion.

Im not planning to use the clocks for the conversion though so if the number matches id be happy to sell them, the engine code was AHU (1.9tdi), 1H is not an engine code i am familiar with, are you sure you don't mean 1Y? (1.9 diesel non turbo)the only other code close to that is 1V (1.6 Turbo diesel) but this was only used in mk2 golfs.

The interior is a creamy colour yeah, front bumper is in good nick, drivers side wind is reasonable condition, no rot in arch but the passenger one is shot and no good.

are you local to gloucester?

Regards

Andy

mash_kins

No i'm not. Leicester.
It would be a weekend job.

MIne is a 1.9 TDI GL 1996 P reg. How do I find the code? Should it be on the chassis plate under the bonnet? Is so it doesn't read AHU....

mash_kins

MIne is also an AHU. Looked on the timing belt cover....

anden

anden

it will either be a 1Z (forgot about that one!) or a AHU as 96 was the crossover year.

Essentially the engines are almost identical, same bhp same ancillaries etc etc same gearbox and ratios.

Im pretty certain the clocks will work but will check number tomorrow as im heading to finish off my conversion tomorrow.

Add a list of all the parts you are interested in and ill photograph what i have/describe condition to save you a wasted trip. Most ancillary stuff is also available now as i reused my transporter ancillaries so theres alternator, starter motor, intercooler (and most of its piping), airbox, all of the waterpipes (except the tiny one that intersects the intercooler piping,

Both wiper motors are still here,steering wheel, airbag, black dash (one tiny mark), interior is a bit grubby but would clean up ok, all a,b, c pillar covers. center console, heater controls

all body panels, slam panel, headlights, tail lights, toolkit/jack. you name it i probably have it!

mash_kins

It's mainly body parts... Mechanically fairly tight but.

wings
Front bumper
Bonnet
Grill
metal fairing under grill
near side headlight brackets (plastic ones)
passenger offside door card
front head rest x1
boot lock (not sure which part of it i need though - Key won't turn but central is fine)
instrument cluster (what was the mileage? where is it stored?)
Possibly airbag parts (wont know till later this week when vag-com cable arrives - Red light is on.)
Might be interested in starter (how much?)
How much of a pain is the near side rear quarter panel to change? (filler side)

Again there may be more, don't know what the computer will bring up...

Thanks

Tomasz

anden

anden

wings - one is in fair nick,
Front bumper - good condition
Bonnet - few scratches and a light dent
Grill - good condition
metal fairing under grill (not sure what you mean if you mean the metal body cloured strip its in good nick)
near side headlight brackets (plastic ones)- think its in good nick
passenger offside door card - in good nick i think
front head rest x1 - prob needs a clean but both are there
boot lock (not sure which part of it i need though - Key won't turn but central is fine)- boot lock on this one turns but doesnt release catch, small arm missing from clip.
instrument cluster (what was the mileage? where is it stored?) mileage is 121k if you mean stored, the clocks are where i am doing the engine swap will pick up tomorrow and get you the number you requested. if you mean where the mileage is stored, its stored in the clocks.
Possibly airbag parts (wont know till later this week when vag-com cable arrives - Red light is on.) - airbag all good, no lights or errors on vagcom
Might be interested in starter (how much?)- started vehicle ok so guess its ok,
How much of a pain is the near side rear quarter panel to change? (filler side) - think the rear quarter panel isn't something that can be easily changed, youd have to cut sections out and weld them in.

price wise mate, i'm not after silly money for parts, as you're interested in so much i'm sure we can come to a price for everything you need thtn keeps us both happy.

regards

andy

mash_kins

brill, will get back to you with a final list soon then. Would a Sunday pick up be ok? I'm busy Saturdays with sports...
That sounds fair. Let me know what kind of figure your after for the lot and i'll see what I can do. Probably leave the boot lock and welding for another day.
The mileage, I meant where is that stored - Clocks. Can it be changed to show original?

Thanks

anden

anden

it can with the right software, dealer definately can do this. i don't have the software im afraid,

Pickup on a sunday not a problem, sent me a full list when youre ready and ill sent you some prices and agree before you leave etc.

ill get you the number tomorrow too of the clocks

regards

mash_kins

HI Andy,

Got the vag-com on it today. 2 errors, air bag. Which I reset and light has stayed off. Second tells me its a speedo sensor fault. If that were the case wouldn't the rev counter have failed too? Also, since it happened, the fuel gauge has been a bit wobbly. Moves around the mark of where it should be. +- a quarter of a tank at times. Seems to be related to movement.

I'm still leaning toward it being a cluster failure. (there was a little smoke and a burning smell when it happened)

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a bit of a car novice really.

anden

anden

checked the part number yersterday for you and it does match the one you are after.

cant really help with your problem although im pretty sure revs and speed are derived from different sensors, the vehicle speed sensor is down the back of the engine bay (black 3 pin plug) and the revs i think are derived from the alternator field coils.

sounds like something in the clocks has gone pop though if smoke was seen

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum