FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's wrong with my van ?

+2
SP2
Toastie
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What's wrong with my van ?  Empty What's wrong with my van ? 12/3/2012, 12:39 am

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

Hello clever ones of Fdk , my t4 1.9 td takes to long to start .

It's not heater plugs as Iv anything it better from cold

If the battery's ok it will always start but it gets just to the point I think it's. It going to .

Any ideas how to speed it up ?

Cheers

SP2

SP2

Diesel eh? Glow plugs OK and battery Ok, probs fuel. Check lines and pump. Diesel pumps do go, particularly if they have been fed petrol at some point in their lives...Anyway, that's where I'd start. (But tbh, I know fuck all) wink

Taze

Taze

Service it! smile if the oil is really old it will be thick and make it harder to start, change the fuel filter and see if that helps

4What's wrong with my van ?  Empty Re: What's wrong with my van ? 12/3/2012, 12:43 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

Cheers chaps , Once warm the oil should make a difference should it , like a say from cold it's better or defo no wors . Il have a poke round for any fuel dribbles today and do the filters ASAP . Also red to Clean up the noisy starter . It's sounds strong but maybe it's not kicking as hard as it could

negawskloV

negawskloV

my guess if the glow plugs are working ok would be an air seal leak in the fuel lines, allowing the diesel to crawl back towards the tank i.e. every time you start it, it's having to drag fuel back up to the pump

vin van man

vin van man

On them lines I reckon too!
But you was saying about your starting motor the other day, did you look at it/take it off?
If not look at the terminals on the starter and your connection, it might not be letting the full amperage to get through and turn you over nicely, not getting enough ummmph to get you going!
Also are you on reserve?

You will get air going through the lines and if your on a slope too!

That's what happened to my starter it was just too knackerd to turn it over properly!

mark. RIP

mark. RIP
Poppa Smurf

negawskloV wrote:my guess if the glow plugs are working ok would be an air seal leak in the fuel lines, allowing the diesel to crawl back towards the tank i.e. every time you start it, it's having to drag fuel back up to the pump
That's pretty much what's happening wid my transit ATM non return valve playing up

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

The air leak make sence but checked again today an from cold it's starts instantly , if it was leaking I would guess it would need some winding up in the morning , not done the starter so that's the first job but it sound like its winding over well ,

and whats this bit do ? the pipes a bit wanky so will do it anyways

What's wrong with my van ?  22c610f8

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum