FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cheap IBM ThinkPad laptop for sale

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cheap IBM ThinkPad laptop for sale Empty Cheap IBM ThinkPad laptop for sale 11/10/2012, 12:40 am

paddy

paddy

I have just got myself a new laptop - so my old backup machine is for sale.

It's an IBM ThinkPad R50E. The last of the IBM thinkpads, before they sold the brand to Lenovo. Obviously I'm selling it, but it is a very solidly build machine with no issues at all.

Plenty of RAM for surfing and normal use (2GB ram), wireless, Centrino 1.5GhZ processor. The screen is fine - no dead pixels. The keyboard is fine, other than some finger wear, the case is fine. These are very solidly built things that will take a lot of abuse.

I'll do a fresh install of Windows XP pro SP3, and office 2007 before it goes. Plus AVG, flash, etc before I send it.

£90 to a Krim.

It will be £100 to a VZI or ebay person if nobody on here wants it.

Postage at cost (about £6.50)

smile

Taze

Taze

cud be keen, will check some pics-reviews, Cheers

paddy

paddy

There's a review here mate:

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=1729

Forgot to say too - the battery is still pretty good. You'd get well over an hour out of it on battery. I always used it plugged in so this may have saved the battery a bit.

Taze

Taze

Nice one Pad, how old is it? is it 15inch screen or 14 inch? how many gig harddrive? Cheers!

paddy

paddy

Its a 15 inch screen, and I think 40 gig hard drive (from memory - would have to check hd size to make sure 100%).

I bought it new in November 2005 so it's coming up for 7 years old. No spring chicken but with the RAM upgrade I put it it's fine for surfing, streaming video etc. Think it came with 512Mb of RAM.

Taze

Taze

Sound, will take it please, can paypal you money this eve if your skint and need it, pm me your paypal address please, just send next week whenever you get chance, Cheers!

paddy

paddy

Not in a mad rush for the money mate tbh.

I'll wipe the drive and install windows and all the other stuff on Monday and get it boxed up etc. If you like I'll bring it down to you personally - you can have a go with it and if you like it pay after then. Sound fair enough ?

Taze

Taze

Cool as fuck. Im pretty crap on computers, if poss can you download some free anti virus software please, my mate says the free ones these days are just as good as the ones you buy. Cheers dude!

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

That what AVG is mate so pad will be putting that one anyways x

paddy

paddy

Got a bit of a problem here.

Wiped the drive, re-installed Windows.... tried to register it with the product key that I have (the one that was registered to this computer before I wiped it).... computer says UNAUTHORISED PRODUCT KEY. Rolling Eyes Tried the telephone activation line, and it says I'm a pirate. boat

So - unless anyone has another product key that I could try, I'm fucked.

Arse. Sorry Taze Embarassed

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

What OS is it ? I mite have some ideas

paddy

paddy

I'm all ears mate. smile

It's windows XP pro service pack 3 32bit.

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

are you using an oem disc ? dont ask me the difrence but i think you need one to use thr prod key on the side ? iv also got another xp coprate disc and kry they should do the ob but is old so you will need to down load sp3 and upday exprorer etc . you need to do update first as avg and others wont untill you done it

ps i cant find any blank dvd's to copy them but could post um to you if you like long as you make sure they get back to me smile

sorry if this is a silly question but it is a prod key for xp pro is it ? it would say on the sticker

paddy

paddy

OEM disc - yup. It's an xp pro one from a Dell machine. I've used it fine in the past to rebuild this machine with an xp pro key I have. This time they won't let me use the (same) key.

If you don't mind lending the disc I'd really appreciate it mate. I'll deffo make sure I send it straight back. Will MP you my address smile

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

that's a bit odd aint it , mp'd yu smile

Taze

Taze

Good work chaps! i have no idea what your talking about lol

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

disc is in the post smile

paddy

paddy

Nice one Toast smile

We'll get there in the end Taze... all being well Very Happy

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

HOW YOU GETTING ON PAD ? GOT A FEW OTHER IDEAS IF IT AINT SORTED

paddy

paddy

Got XP on and activated, but still can't get the thing on the web. The website with all the drivers has been shite for the last 3 days.

Was gonna keep hold of the disc until I can get the ethernet driver on, and do the XP update to SP2/3 etc before I sent it back to you. Won't be long smile

Should have kept you informed. Sorry mate.

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

No prob mate , hold on to it ad long as you want , no hurry just interested to know . Drivers are alwAys a pain , jolly good luck smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum