FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

I want to run a long long way!

+2
negawskloV
H
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I want to run a long long way! Empty I want to run a long long way! 6/5/2009, 10:05 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

I'm a miserable and unfit fucker - I need a goal to turn my life around - so obviously I have just applied for a charity place to run the London Marathon next year :eek:

I hope you mofo's will sponsor me if I can get in?

smile

negawskloV

negawskloV

what charity?

Mario

Mario

you should have put in to run up to our house fella :eek: :incheek: lol

who ya runnin for??

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

Applied to Starlight http://www.starlight.org.uk/

Don't know when I'll hear more from them confused

The normal ballot seems to be closed already sad

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

I spoke to the Starlight people today - they have 25 places to allocate in the Autumn, they will be giving them to people who are best placed to make over £3000 in sponsorship between September and race day.

I have a cunning plan - to start now smile

It gives me a head start of about 4 months to raise money, if I get a place then ace I'm on the road, if not then at least I will have raised some money for them anyway Very Happy

The fundraising lady loved this idea and is sending me some gear.

I'll be setting up a little online sponsorship site and will post the link when I can.

I'd really appreciate support if at all possible hug

Mario

Mario

H wrote:I spoke to the Starlight people today - they have 25 places to allocate in the Autumn, they will be giving them to people who are best placed to make over £3000 in sponsorship between September and race day.

I have a cunning plan - to start now smile

It gives me a head start of about 4 months to raise money, if I get a place then ace I'm on the road, if not then at least I will have raised some money for them anyway Very Happy

The fundraising lady loved this idea and is sending me some gear.

I'll be setting up a little online sponsorship site and will post the link when I can.

I'd really appreciate support if at all possible hug

you CAN count on this old, fat unfit cypriot for some dosh fella wink Very Happy

GOOD on yer dude for givin it a shot and doin summin to motivate yasell.Spot on hug

erm and NO H i DONT wanna do any runnin maself,unless it runnin around in ma Vee Dubs lol lol

the braincell

the braincell

Do they (peeps who organise the marathon) only allow peeps to run who are making money for a charity then ? Or can anyone decide they wanna do it just for themselves, and run. Not that I would !! lol

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

just keep us informed mate

bit of this I want to run a long long way! Smiley-sport040

then some of this I want to run a long long way! Smiley-sport018

then this I want to run a long long way! Smiley-sport033

then I want to run a long long way! Smiley-sick003

and maybe I want to run a long long way! 64188

Mario

Mario

TOASTIE wrote:just keep us informed mate

fookin quality Toastie lol lol lol

negawskloV

negawskloV

the braincell wrote:Do they (peeps who organise the marathon) only allow peeps to run who are making money for a charity then ? Or can anyone decide they wanna do it just for themselves, and run. Not that I would !! lol

there are 2 options to run in the London marathon...

either enter the ballot to get a place (too late now for 2010)

or

get a charity place. Charities are given a certain amount of places to allocate as they wish but obviously they allocate them to the people they think most likely to raise them the most sponsorship

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

TOASTIE wrote:just keep us informed mate

lol lol lol lol lol

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

negawskloV wrote:
the braincell wrote:Do they (peeps who organise the marathon) only allow peeps to run who are making money for a charity then ? Or can anyone decide they wanna do it just for themselves, and run. Not that I would !! lol

there are 2 options to run in the London marathon...

either enter the ballot to get a place (too late now for 2010)

or

get a charity place. Charities are given a certain amount of places to allocate as they wish but obviously they allocate them to the people they think most likely to raise them the most sponsorship
I've never made it through the ballot - but never been so serious before either.

the braincell

the braincell

Ah right ta Very Happy, It would seem a little unfair to have just charities doing it.

wonkydonkey

wonkydonkey

i'm running next year aswell.

I went through the ballot selection from marathon organisers.
if you go straight through a charity without doing the above you are only entitled to a gold bond place, this means you have to raise a minimum amount of wedge for the charity usually about £2000 some ask for less.
wink

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

Hey Wonks, good one :thumbup:

It is indeed a golden bond I'm hoping for! The Starlight minimum is £3000, I'm going to aim for £5000, well why the fuck not Very Happy lol

If I don't get in then I'll run my own personal marathon around the pods perimeter fence at next years Big Bang or something lol

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

you 2 should do it like this

I want to run a long long way! Pantomime_cow

i was guna say H should be the cows arss but im not sure you could trust him back there :eek:

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

TOASTIE wrote:you 2 should do it like this

I want to run a long long way! Pantomime_cow

i was guna say H should be the cows arss but im not sure you could trust him back there :eek:
lol lol lol lol lol lol

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

Please help me on my way to London sponsor me here smile

Mario

Mario

H wrote:Please help me on my way to London sponsor me here smile

check your account wink

and GOOD LUCK Very Happy

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

spellbound wrote:
H wrote:Please help me on my way to London sponsor me here smile

check your account wink

and GOOD LUCK Very Happy
Thanks dude hug

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

With the giftaid too I've cleared 2% of my target already today, thanks guys Very Happy

...and Mario, I've just seen your personal email address! lol lol lol

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

Even without the giftaid it's still 1.6% - it's a small numbers psychological mind game, but it's making me happy Very Happy

Mario

Mario

H wrote:With the giftaid too I've cleared 2% of my target already today, thanks guys Very Happy

...and Mario, I've just seen your personal email address! lol lol lol

its appropriate fella lol lol Very Happy

24I want to run a long long way! Empty Re: I want to run a long long way! 12/5/2009, 10:44 pm

wonkydonkey

wonkydonkey

H wrote:Hey Wonks, good one :thumbup:

It is indeed a golden bond I'm hoping for! The Starlight minimum is £3000, I'm going to aim for £5000, well why the fuck not Very Happy lol

If I don't get in then I'll run my own personal marathon around the pods perimeter fence at next years Big Bang or something lol

well done you. gotta start training this week just so i look presentable in a pair of shorts if anything else!!
i'll defo sponsor you it's a cracking cause I worked with a few kiddies that benefited greatly form the starlight charity.
wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum