FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can anyone help these folks on VZi with some advice?

+5
The Reverend Mad Cyril
The selbsters
vin van man
Toastie
negawskloV
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

negawskloV

negawskloV

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=562496

Wilfreds owners wrote:Gloucestershire - where do we get bay work done?

Hi guys,
still classing ourselves as newbies although had our van 2 years now!wink Was wondering if anyone could recommend a place we could take our early bay to to get some work doen, welding, mot work etc?
Would be very grateful any recommendations
Thanks
Nat smile

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

theres a few places but i dont fink i could recomend any of them . will keep and eye on it and pm him if he dont get anywhere

vin van man

vin van man

How much welding? Could shake the dust of my gloves, (Only joking...................)

I know there that Mad workshop Bristol, but trying to think of some others local! carzzy

Fu88 it should open up VIn's shack!!! smile

The selbsters

The selbsters

negawskloV I found you! Thanks for helping out am very grateful. Its me that wrote that message on volkzone. Cant believe you meet in Cheltenham! Think my hubby has chatted to Dicky before? Does he belong to you guys?
was wondering when and where you meet as it would be lovely to meet some fellow vdubbers?
Got a few pointers interms of people to ring for work on our bay. Will let you know how we get on.
Thanks so much Nat

negawskloV

negawskloV

Hi Nat & welcome smile

yep Dickie's one of us... oh and call me Ben, it's easier to spell wink
it's actually the club meet tonight which is why it's so it's quiet at the mo... they're all down pub Very Happy
currently we meet at the House in the Tree, 2nd Tues of each month smile

so what's your bus? a Devon bay?
and what needs doing to get you back on the road?

The selbsters

The selbsters

Thanks for your welcome Ben. Shame I missed the meet, maybe we could come along for the next one! Do you all bring your dubs with you?
Yeah we have a 1969 devon bay called Wilfred! He's lovely, or at least I think so! We have had him a few years now and done a few things oursleves. Originally we got our van just as a camper bolt hole but then after chatting to some early bayers and getting the bug we decided to put the original devon interior back in. It looks quite good now. I love owning Wilf the best thing we did, just wish we knew more about it and could do more ourselves. Feel a bit cop owner ish when all you guys are pros and do it all yourselves.
We know that we need to weld up the back brake plates to get it through the MOT and because the previous owner put disk on the fronts we are having to carry two spare tires so thought whilst we were getting the back plate sorted we would go the whole hog and see if we could do something which meant we only needed to carry one spare. Maybe change from 5 wide to 5 narrow?
The other major thing to sort is Whilst driving back from Cambridge in Oct, the last time we drove him I'm ashamed to say as MOT ran out and so did our money, we developed a fault which I think might be to with the head gasket as he was loosing power. The thing is We dont have a clue and so hence why we need to go to a garage. Someone was telling us about double d40 trick to test this out but being a bit dense I didnt really get it!
Need to put it through an MOT test and see what needs doing, am sure there will be welding but had a load done last year so hopefully nothing major!
Just cant wait to get it out on the road again, am getting itchy feet!
Do you guys have a membership fee? Would love to pay up and be a fully fledged member then I would feel legit when asking for advice!

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

hello and welcome selbsters . feel free to ask anything you like as often as you like . most on here are very happy to help if they can and givin half a chance to talk about there dub they will love to .
im guna send you a email with the tiny bit of advise iv got , but im sure more peeps will be more helpfull .
did i see your in gloster ? we have a few members over there , maybe one would have 5 min to stick there head in the back and scwert some WD40 about and check its not anything silly .

there no mebership , and anyone thats considers them self FDK is prity much , some of us have nown each other years , some are new from when this forum stated .

as i spect you can see fron the CHAT forum we dont just talk about vw's . feel free to post on any topic you fancy smile

if you like the place and stick around you can chip in to keep the forum nice and for inplovments in the futer if you want but theres no need to yet , as i say , stick about and see if you like the place smile

The selbsters

The selbsters

thanks matey that all sounds fab. Will look forward to wanging a few message banters about!
We areactually in Cheltenham just near the train station. Would love someone to come and squirt would be great to get some advice! Actually come to think about it not sure whether Wilf will even start havent even done that as I knwo when I hear the engine I'll get the bug agaain!

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

cool . so what dose your bus look like , can you see it from the road . i recon a no where most of the bus in nam are parked . is it green ?

The Reverend Mad Cyril

The Reverend Mad Cyril

Wot about Barry?

The selbsters

The selbsters

Nope not green, nearly though! Its Blue. He's parked under our car port behind our lovely renault. carzzy Personally think it should be the other way round in terms of street cred!

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

cool . your not the people at the end of gloster road that ren um out then . thought they mite turn up here at some point .

if you get the chance see if it will start . if the baterys charged etc and we'l see if we can get someone to have a quick poke at it smile

vin van man

vin van man

Have a look and see what needs welding Toastie! wink

DICKIE

DICKIE

How come you have to carry two spares??
Is it wide 5 at the back and small 5 discs at the front?

Also aircooleds dont have head gaskets,but do have some gaskets on important parts but not so serious if they go wrong. smile

Mario

Mario

what engine is in ur van??? like dickie has said it wont have a "head gasket" in it.
can you put up what the symptoms are that are causing you concern??

scratch my last line^^^^^ i just re-read ur post ^^^ up there....
when you say it's losing power is it like this.............starts fine......struggles thru the gears.....get to cruising speed it runs fine.....then when you put the foot down it struggles ie loses power????
if similar to what ive written then look at ur ignition leads (spark plug and coil leads) they could be breaking down..
check ur distributor cap..maybe its cracked or the points inside are black dirty and worn...
rotar arm could be worn check the end(the copper bit)

drop a line back on ere so we can maybe narrow it down a bit

cheers
Mario Very Happy

The selbsters

The selbsters

Feel a right dapster in terms of head gasket, my hubby informed me that we didnt have one of those last night! lol I had one in my morris minor!
Will do some sussing out and let you guys know!

Mario

Mario

The selbsters wrote:Feel a right dapster in terms of head gasket, my hubby informed me that we didnt have one of those last night! lol I had one in my morris minor!
Will do some sussing out and let you guys know!

no worries lol just try n give us as much info on the symptoms as poss then that way it'll give us more of a chance at nailing the problem wink

oilyT

oilyT

Pm me your no and i could pop up, im only down the road. smile

vin van man

vin van man

Work your magic OilyT! wink

The selbsters

The selbsters

Oily T am just about to Pm you! Cant believe how helpful you guys are think we might be owing some of these Can anyone help these folks on VZi with some advice? 621165 !

Mario

Mario

The selbsters wrote:Oily T am just about to Pm you! Cant believe how helpful you guys are think we might be owing some of these Can anyone help these folks on VZi with some advice? 621165 !

just make sure you send some oop to scotland too or keep mine cold for Action lol lol lol

22Can anyone help these folks on VZi with some advice? Empty We are getting there!!! 11/6/2009, 9:35 pm

The selbsters

The selbsters

Thanks for everyones help! - I'm just catching up with my wifes posts ... here's an update ...
Just pulled r van forwards on the drive after 6mths of being sat still. With a little pumping of the accelerator he started almost first time!
But ... opening the engine bay I found that there was petrol p'ing out of the fuel line between the fuel pump and carb!!!:eek:
I guess that could be why our van was losing power and "gutless"!!
It seems like the line is damp with petrol before the fuel filter and underneath the van as well????
I'll have a look at the FAQ's and work out how to put a pic on.
Cheers
Jon

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

thats good if thats the prob , it could be , not to bad a job , replaceing the hole pipe aint had . or join it after the leak may be pos , if you get a inline fuel filter and a bit of pipe you can use it the replace the dodgy bit smile . did oily t get in touch ?

DICKIE

DICKIE

I would replace all the fuel lines anyay if its been sat for a while,£10's worth of pipe and clips is cheap for peace of mind smile

Mario

Mario

thank god you found that when the engine was cold fella :eek: :eek: :eek:
personally i would change the COMPLETE fuel line and filter then that way you know its done wink
here's to ur van running fine and dandy now Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum