FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

IMPORTANT.......................CONTAINS THE BIVA Manual link

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mario

Mario

check this out to see what BIVA are checking out......
http://www.the-ace.org.uk/biva-manual-finalised.html

Mario

Mario

mmmm.
this is making interesting reading and NO WHERE near as bad as it may have first been thought.........

DICKIE...............you will want to read CHAPTER 14............this refers to STEERING....
read the WHOLE chapter matey IMPORTANT.......................CONTAINS THE BIVA Manual link 16560

Rad Dubs and Englishmen

Mario wrote:mmmm.
this is making interesting reading and NO WHERE near as bad as it may have first been thought.........

DICKIE...............you will want to read CHAPTER 14............this refers to STEERING....
read the WHOLE chapter matey IMPORTANT.......................CONTAINS THE BIVA Manual link 16560

My first impression is that the column may be a bigger problem than you think Mario, there's no crumple zone ahead of the chassis on a split. and if I read chapter 14 correctly there needs to be for a vehicle with the box ahead of the axle.
It is worth noting that the flexy joint used in a ay/beetle if incorporated might help, allowing the box to move back/angle/displace whilst minimising movement of the upper column.
I suspect for those where BIVA is a dead cert changing the design of the column by fitting a lower section with two UJs would help a lot, making a 2nd lower mounting for the upper column would also help minimise the coulumn and wheels ability to move rearward in a sub 30mph crash. Alternatively build in some crumple zone under the front bumper.

To be totally honest I think the best thing is to use bolt on IRS mounts, refit stock frame horns, lose the dropped steering box and fit a rack, (NOT a CE one) and hope the rest of the van adds upto at least another 3 points.

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

Having skimmed the whole manual and using the knowledge I have, I think that where possible, by far the best solution will be to "restore" your chassis/monocoque back to stock and use as many total stock parts elsewhere as is required to get your points count well up BEFORE this becomes a big issue and you get caught - avoiding BIVA like the plague is surely the best solution - getting caught could be as simple as presenting for an MOT in the near future, the facts are that these rules have been around for years, we just don't know how quickly or how harsh the crackdown will be!

Surely it's better to have a vehicle that rides a bit higher and is a bit more stock that you get to keep on the road, rather than get pulled and suddenly find that you have a very expensive pile of scrap...

I do agree that the reg's as they stand are to some (minor) extent still open to interpretation, and I think that while this gets nailed down with clarification we're going to see some very expensive test cases where owners will lose a lot of money - the rules have been there for over a decade, responsibility will rest on the shoulders of the owners and I can't see anyone taking VOSA on to argue the toss as I'd bet my left buttock that the ban and seizure of the V5C will come first and quickly and you will then have to prove your case or comply with BIVA to get a new ID...

My personal belief is that you won't get the chance to restore after you get a ban - I've not read around the subject extensively yet but what I have read hints that the V5C gets seized and that's it, no way back without going forward through BIVA to get a new ID - I think a lot of people could be losing a lot of money and the wider modifying scene, whatever cars you're into, will be losing a lot of cars before this is finally played out.

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

when it says about engine 1 point does it mean the origanale engine that the thing came with or the same sort ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum