FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

how would you price a 2000 tdi T4

+3
alibabs
DICKIE
Toastie
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

2000 tdi T4 one owner from new . t and t May . 84 k not much history but nice old boy and he says its had a cam belt but iv got no profe

but has been a builders van . its filthy but the panels are mostly strait , seems to drive right but does need a alternator doing strait away . drivers seat is minging .

how would you price a 2000 tdi T4  Bikeandbruse002

how would you price a 2000 tdi T4  Bikeandbruse001

how would you price a 2000 tdi T4  Bikeandbruse003

DICKIE

DICKIE

2 bags of sand and a box of copper nails!!..

Only joking toast wink

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

is it worth 2k , you have to look past the dirt .

di's was 2700 and its the same year but a petrel with more miles .

DICKIE

DICKIE

I agree mate..
Cleaned up and a funky set of 18's on that and it would look good.

alibabs

alibabs

is that from evesham toast

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

nope

juz

juz

cleaned up lowered set wheels £3,500 to 4,500 easy as it is now if you get it for £2,000 your laughing smile

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

juz will it need a water pump at same time as alternator ? and it the job strait forward ? ta

juz

juz

Toastie wrote:juz will it need a water pump at same time as alternator ? and it the job strait forward ? ta
yes normally you change both,not played with 2.5 i think could be dear to do,most things on the 2.5 is get it cheap you is laughing thou..i think you should sell it to be lol or deal on mine.. lol

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

mend it for me jus , il buy you a coke smile

juz

juz

juz wrote:
Toastie wrote:juz will it need a water pump at same time as alternator ? and it the job strait forward ? ta
yes normally you change both,not played with 2.5 i think could be dear to do,most things on the 2.5 is get it cheap you is laughing thou..i think you should sell it to be lol or deal on mine.. lol
and the blue i means its a 88 bhp model.

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

still seams to go well . far quicker than the 2.0 petrel . i wonder what the 150 is like

juz

juz

its not easy cambelt off aswell prob cost you £300 to £500 to fix

juz

juz

Toastie wrote:still seams to go well . far quicker than the 2.0 petrel . i wonder what the 150 is like
they only do 88 bhp 102 bhp then ppl chip them..t5 are quicker with 130 174 sportline

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

really . to do the alternator ? fuckin ell

juz

juz

Toastie wrote:really . to do the alternator ? fuckin ell
no all off it not sure how much for alternator..

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

aint it just a fan belt and a alternatorer sorting ? surely i can do that my self , its spos to of had a cam belt so a guess the water pump would of been done then ? or am i talking twot

juz

juz

Toastie wrote:aint it just a fan belt and a alternatorer sorting ? surely i can do that my self , its spos to of had a cam belt so a guess the water pump would of been done then ? or am i talking twot
yep alt is not to bad to change belt off if cam belt pos the waterpump done yea ithink you could do it.

RooneyToons

RooneyToons

£1500 quids worth imo !

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

RooneyToons wrote:£1500 quids worth imo !

i bid him 1400 to start with , but cant find one under 2k and its got got miles so im tempted

RooneyToons

RooneyToons

there's some on flea bay for less moneys ok they aint finished bidding yet i'd chance me arm @
£1000 n go up from there

weardybeardy

Toastie wrote:aint it just a fan belt and a alternatorer sorting ? surely i can do that my self , its spos to of had a cam belt so a guess the water pump would of been done then ? or am i talking twot

Layman alert - Dont quote this for truth but....

Its got two belts, the problem is that most places only quote for changing the timing belt and when the kit arrives with two, the timing belt gets changed and the other one (another 2 hours) goes in the bin!

The other issue is that the water pump should be changed when the timing belt is done, but many aren't. If the bearings in the water pump fail then you lose the tension on the timing belt and you is proper fucked.
Lost a 2,4 5 pot on our Y plate T4 on teh compay fleet this way back in 2007 @80k and it cost an arm and a leg for a recon motor.

Unless you have evidence that its all been done and have some recourse to the fitter then either steer clear or get it all done straight away. Ask Bry what his cost. I think all in it was about £700.

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

cheers chaps but he has sold it out from under me . if anyone heres of a cheep t4 give me a shout sad

D

OOORRRR-George

OOORRRR-George

[quote="weardybeardy"]

Layman alert - Dont quote this for truth but....

Its got two belts, the problem is that most places only quote for changing the timing belt and when the kit arrives with two, the timing belt gets changed and the other one (another 2 hours) goes in the bin!

The other issue is that the water pump should be changed when the timing belt is done, but many aren't. If the bearings in the water pump fail then you lose the tension on the timing belt and you is proper fucked.
Lost a 2,4 5 pot on our Y plate T4 on teh compay fleet this way back in 2007 @80k and it cost an arm and a leg for a recon motor.

WHS ^ been there, done that!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum