FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

bay fuel sender

+2
the braincell
dicky mint
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1p bay fuel sender 16/11/2010, 10:03 pm

dicky mint

dicky mint

is it as trickey a job as it looks to change the sender in a bay? or shall i just keep rosie topped up and fill when i start to get paranoid about the level? lol

2p Re: bay fuel sender 17/11/2010, 3:23 pm

the braincell

the braincell

Thats what I do ! Very Happy

3p Re: bay fuel sender 17/11/2010, 4:20 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

dont some have an accses hole ? if not its engine than tank out i think ,. i could be wrong

4p Re: bay fuel sender 17/11/2010, 4:21 pm

oilyT

oilyT

Engine needs to come out to take the tank out. smile i'd keep topping it up for now.

5p Re: bay fuel sender 17/11/2010, 4:23 pm

oilyT

oilyT

lol Must of been replying at the same time.

6p Re: bay fuel sender 17/11/2010, 4:39 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

i have seen them with a hole that you can get to it from so worth a look smile

7p Re: bay fuel sender 17/11/2010, 4:55 pm

oilyT

oilyT

ive a manule for a late bay i'll have a look in there see what it says. smile

8p Re: bay fuel sender 17/11/2010, 6:03 pm

dicky mint

dicky mint

oilyT wrote:ive a manule for a late bay i'll have a look in there see what it says. smile

cheers baz, youm a good un. if its got an access hole thingummy where would it be?

9p Re: bay fuel sender 17/11/2010, 6:48 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

above the tank , so on the inside a bit back and above the engine

10p Re: bay fuel sender 17/11/2010, 9:33 pm

dicky mint

dicky mint

moooochos grassyarse lol

11p Re: bay fuel sender 18/11/2010, 7:50 pm

mark. RIP

mark. RIP
Poppa Smurf

mine goes from full to empty in.0000001 of a sec every .000001 depends how bumpy the rd is lol

just keep topping up

hey dicky you got any pics of your dash and can you tell me what heater lever does what
i thinks i ve cracked my heating problems at last!!!!

12p Re: bay fuel sender 18/11/2010, 7:58 pm

dicky mint

dicky mint

mark wrote:mine goes from full to empty in.0000001 of a sec every .000001 depends how bumpy the rd is lol

just keep topping up

hey dicky you got any pics of your dash and can you tell me what heater lever does what
i thinks i ve cracked my heating problems at last!!!!

two green ones controll the air from the engine to the window or feet and the red one is the fresh air vent on the front.

i think carzzy

13p Re: bay fuel sender 18/11/2010, 8:07 pm

mark. RIP

mark. RIP
Poppa Smurf

thats fucked me i got 2 cables from gsf each with different fittings on the dash end........ i thought they went on the same lever!!!

i got 4 recesses to clip the cables on to and 3 levers maybe mine is different to yours who fuckin knows???? iknows its doin my ed in........ cant find any info anywhere

14p Re: bay fuel sender 18/11/2010, 8:11 pm

dicky mint

dicky mint

thats how it works on mine im 99% sure. the red one does the flaps behind the grill on the front. the other two green one do the flaps on the tinware. tbh, ive only used the fresh air vent, the heaters are fine and ive not disturbed em. i'll have a good look the weekend when its light.

15p Re: bay fuel sender 18/11/2010, 8:19 pm

mark. RIP

mark. RIP
Poppa Smurf

cheers bud can you warm your feet separately from the front demisters cos i got a flap on the ducting piece in the centre

see, i thought one lever opens the heat exchangers together then the other lever opens the foot vent and the front flaps are as you said!! does that make sense carzzy

16p Re: bay fuel sender 18/11/2010, 9:38 pm

dicky mint

dicky mint

mark wrote:cheers bud can you warm your feet separately from the front demisters cos i got a flap on the ducting piece in the centre

see, i thought one lever opens the heat exchangers together then the other lever opens the foot vent and the front flaps are as you said!! does that make sense carzzy

fink so carzzy

17p Re: bay fuel sender 19/11/2010, 12:33 am

oilyT

oilyT

Dicky mint i Cant find my manual but will keep looking. smile

18p Re: bay fuel sender 21/11/2010, 7:41 pm

dicky mint

dicky mint

oilyT wrote: Dicky mint i Cant find my manual but will keep looking. smile

cheers baz thanks :thumbup:

19p Re: bay fuel sender 21/11/2010, 8:03 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

i bet theres a manual on line ,

20p Re: bay fuel sender 23/11/2010, 4:50 pm

bixit

bixit

If there's a hole for easy access, it'll be a 'cut-out' section in the flat bulkhead above the engine bay. I can't remember what your interiors like, but if you take out the rear flat bit behind the rock and roll bed, it'll be under there (if there's a cut out at all!).

they're simple enough to change (assuming you've got said hole), take off the 2 wires, and twist the sender (anti-clockwise i fink?) and just pull it out. simples!

when you put the new sender in, make sure the seal doesn't get twisted and sits properly, that's the only pain-in-the-arse bit. if it don't seal properly, your misses will be moaing about the smell (... the bus, not you lol ) and if you overfill it, petrol will just piss out through the top.
..... yep you guessed it, I've been there, and done that (that was a fun day sat at the side of the road on the Isle of White, with petrol pissing out of the top of the tank right above/infront of a very hot engine, and me absolutely shitting myself thinking anyminute now....BOOM :eek: !)

.... but to be honest it ain't worth it 'cos the aftermarket senders that are available are bollox, and still won't give you an accurate reading

.... and where's the fun in knowing that you're gonna make it to the next petrol station anyway !!

lol lol lol

21p Re: bay fuel sender 23/11/2010, 5:41 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

get a good filter in line and carry a can of petrol by the looks of it then smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum