FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fuel Supply Problem

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fuel Supply Problem Empty Fuel Supply Problem 9/1/2011, 2:36 pm

CutSomeRug

CutSomeRug

Happy new year all

on a '61 1200 bug how likely is it that the fuel line is blocked. The engine would start but not tick over very well so I took off the fuel pump and it was nearly empty in the chamber, should this always be full? I cleaned the pump and refitted it, the pump is defo working as I can see the inline filter flex when the engine is running (barely). The refitted pump isnt filling with fuel.

If it is the fuel lines blocked is there an easy clean or do I need to replace them? Or could it be something else??

Ta for any thoughts

Dan

2Fuel Supply Problem Empty Re: Fuel Supply Problem 9/1/2011, 2:49 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

Try a fresh bit of pipe just loses fit to see if it helps , my guess would be week pump , I had same prob last year And with a new pump fir about 12 quid it started quick and went better

3Fuel Supply Problem Empty Re: Fuel Supply Problem 9/1/2011, 5:27 pm

oilyT

oilyT

Get a container and take the fuel pipe off the carb put the pipe into the container the crank the enging over 2-3 times . iff theres fuel in the jug then the pumps working. smile

4Fuel Supply Problem Empty Re: Fuel Supply Problem 9/1/2011, 5:42 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

mine was pumpin ba but after running out of fuel it wound start , it was just not strong enuff , new pump and if started first turn and loads easy after .

5Fuel Supply Problem Empty Re: Fuel Supply Problem 9/1/2011, 6:16 pm

oilyT

oilyT

You can tell if its working well by the volume and pressure its pumping at. smile

6Fuel Supply Problem Empty Re: Fuel Supply Problem 9/1/2011, 8:02 pm

CutSomeRug

CutSomeRug

cheers guys, nothing coming through to the carb to like toast says I think although the pump is working there's not enough umph....GSF it is tomorrow then

ta

7Fuel Supply Problem Empty Re: Fuel Supply Problem 9/1/2011, 8:11 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

ye there farly cheap , they do a universal type i found i had use a spacer i think , youl see when you get it , lets us know how you get on smile

8Fuel Supply Problem Empty Re: Fuel Supply Problem 15/1/2011, 10:07 am

CutSomeRug

CutSomeRug

new £13 pump from GSF fitted, the guy in there seems to really know his stuff, and there she blows....cheers for the help

9Fuel Supply Problem Empty Re: Fuel Supply Problem 15/1/2011, 10:13 am

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

I'm the best !

10Fuel Supply Problem Empty Re: Fuel Supply Problem 15/1/2011, 11:14 pm

dicky mint

dicky mint

FDK rock cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: