FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

DICKIE

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DICKIE Empty DICKIE 30/1/2011, 12:18 pm

substandard

substandard

Just googled "raised steering box" and your bus came up.
I'm looking into it.
How easy was it? Got any pics?

2DICKIE Empty Re: DICKIE 30/1/2011, 3:08 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

Hello mate,my came about by acident really.
Driving into volksfest wales a few years ago,i hit the cattle grid with my steering box and it ripped out all the brakes,steering,accelerator the lot and i drove into clares square in front...big dent in the front as well sad

Anyway it was the first weekend of a weeks holiday and me and clare spent most of it in wales whilst a friend mended the van..raised the box at the same time by 40mm.

Basically you cut out the box chassis section which hold the box into place and raise it 40/50mm,then gusset the raised section for strength.
There is a guy on ssvc that makes a brand new box section already gusseted so you just weld in a bolt the box back in higher..
I will try and dig the pics out of mine Very Happy

3DICKIE Empty Re: DICKIE 30/1/2011, 3:31 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

Heres mine during rebuild..
You can see hitting the cattle grid ripped out all of the chassis from the front panel
DICKIE 20082008215
DICKIE 20082008213
Heres someone elses
DICKIE Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKgKvXowmB1KB5eve_6FBW5NfLiwfxnP4ZXhfe3MVFf3X6m_HhOQ&t=1

The knuckle of the steering arm will also hit the cab floor but mine has 2 small slits in the floor and the metal pulled up a bit to allow the steering arm to clear the floor.
Heres a pic of where the knuckle would hit the floor but someones made a nice raised section
DICKIE IMG_0114

4DICKIE Empty Re: DICKIE 30/1/2011, 4:23 pm

substandard

substandard

cheers dude. That's perfect. I'll have a crack at that.
I'd like to think i'm doing it to get more ground clearance but i know damn well there's going to be some adjuster fiddling going on Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]