FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are straight-thru exhausts legal on my '70 bug?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

georgedub

I've looked all over the crappy yahoo arnsers but can only find yanks moaning about their trucks, could someone just clarify if straight thru exhausts are legal or not? Thanks!

dicky mint

dicky mint

I'm not an expert, but I doubt it. If nothing else it will get you some unwanted attention from mr plod sad

paddy

paddy

2. with the engine running
a. check the exhaust system for leaks

Note: A durable repair to an exhaust system which effectively prevents leaks is acceptable providing the system is structurally sound a. a major leak of exhaust gases from any part of the system

Note: A minor exhaust leak from, for example, a connection joint or a pin hole, is not a reason for rejection
b. assess subjectively the effectiveness of the silencer in reducing exhaust noise to a level considered to be average for the vehicle b. a silencer in such a condition, or of such a type, that the noise emitted from the vehicle is clearly unreasonably above the level expected from a similar vehicle with a silencer in average condition

As far as the MOT test goes... It is down to the MOT tester to decide whether the noise is above average for the type of vehicle being tested. The ministry don't provide the testers with any DB meters, they just have to use their own ears and make a judgement call.

As for VOSA and / or the plod..... I don't know about that.

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

thats handy cuz my mans blind and deff smile

georgedub

That's great thanks alot! I'll just have to make sure I keep my right foot restrained around old bill!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum