FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

The oldest residential street in Europe...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SP2

SP2

A beautiful frosty morning, sunny and cold... Me and my better half drove to the historic city of Wells for a walk and a little Christmas shopping, driving back to Taunton via Clark's village. It was a beautiful day and our morning walk (quite by accident) took in what we discovered to be the oldest residential street in Europe...dating from 1363...they added the chimneys in 1470...
Vicars Close, Wells. Worth a look if you're in that neck of the woods smile
Thought you guys might like to see a couple of pics...
The oldest residential street in Europe... DSCN0260
The oldest residential street in Europe... DSCN0262

alibabs

alibabs

Looks beautiful SP shame they let cars up the cobbles !!!
Any ideas when the gas street lights went in ?

I love things like that me Very Happy

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

Ye looks lush , the church up the road from me it one of the old bits of chelt , now has a mc d's infont of it , someone google it , I'm on me phone

SP2

SP2

alibabs wrote:Looks beautiful SP shame they let cars up the cobbles !!!
Any ideas when the gas street lights went in ?

I love things like that me Very Happy

Me too Al, but no ideas on the lights...they added things willy-nilly until the "listed" laws came in... But it's a regular street. You can't park there but it is a highway. No yellow lines for some reason. Possibly because the cobbles are listed! I read that originally, the bishop built them in the 1300s for cathedral workers, servants and their families, choristers etc. There is a gated house at one end (where the photo was taken from) so cars can get up there, but it's tucked away, so not many people end up there...

Anyway it was a fascinating place, and a real find. Have a look at this smile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicars%27_Close,_Wells

Robbo

Robbo

We were dead lucky last time we were there, no cars parked, and no one about.
It was like going back in time. A hidden corner of history. Beautiful country, England, innit?. smile

SP2

SP2

Robbo wrote:We were dead lucky last time we were there, no cars parked, and no one about.
It was like going back in time. A hidden corner of history. Beautiful country, England, innit?. smile
It sure is.
I agree with your statement that "it was like going back in time". It really does feel like that, a little corner of England that provides a memory of how things used to be.

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

it sure does , i had a Citron AX in the old days to smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum