FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

On the road - Europe style!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1On the road - Europe style! Empty On the road - Europe style! 6/7/2009, 8:39 pm

The selbsters

The selbsters

A mate of mine has got his aussie friends over for a year and they want to buy a camper van and go blasting round europe. They are looking to spend 2-3 grand!

Being slightly biased I'm pointing them towards a couple of 'B'-reg T25's in Bristol going for around 2500 smackers.
They were looking at an 'R'-reg Toyota Hi-Ace going on eBay for best part of 3grand but got 127000m on the clock
Whaddya recon? confused
Am I being fair stearing them towards a v-dub or am i just biased?? Very Happy

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

tbo you dont get much vw for 3k anymore . maybe if they aint bothered what it is they would be better off with a more reliable non vw .

The selbsters

The selbsters

TOASTIE wrote:tbo you dont get much vw for 3k anymore . maybe if they aint bothered what it is they would be better off with a more reliable non vw .
Yeah ... tis what I feared!!!
Am thinking that the VW is more of a long-term-relationship thing :group:

4On the road - Europe style! Empty Re: On the road - Europe style! 6/7/2009, 10:36 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

They may get lucky and get a decent 2.4D T4 either panel or even an early Caravelle for a little less and camper it themselves - but they won't get any sort of decent ready made camper for that money in a VW body.

Honest truth if they want to blatt around Europe eating up the miles they will be better off with a (good) Jap van, a T4 or even something like a smiley Transit woud be ace - cheap parts with great availabilty all around Europe. They could do the interior themselves in a weekend with a cheap old caravan to donate a cooker, fridge and stuff and spend their budget on getting a better base vehicle - if they did get a VW they'd probably then sell it for more than they paid for it as a "surf bus" wink Rolling Eyes

Don't get me wrong T3's are fundamentally great vans, but they command high prices now and just about EVERY factory fitted engine option was shit - either under powered, over stressed or a combination of both - what they do NOT need is an unreliable van if they want to scream around the continent having a great time - and their budget will not accomodate buying a van with a decent conversion on board.

The selbsters

The selbsters

Good shout H - sounds like great advice.
Cheers,

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

The selbsters wrote:Good shout H - sounds like great advice.
Cheers,
No worries, I've owned or been involved with a lot of shit vans lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum