FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

Creative steering rack conversion kit........

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mario

Mario

Is now fitted to ma split Very Happy

Took me about 4 hours to fit with NO serious problems although i would advise a few things.

Before you even start i would go to the Creative web site and go to the FITTING AND MORE section and PRINT OUT the "HOW TO FIT OUR STEERING RACK by CLASSICS MONTHLY MAGAZINE.
i will add a link straight to it here
http://creative-engineering.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=140&Itemid=26

Use this set of instructions AND Creatives one they send you with the kit,I found using them BOTH together gives a better and clearer understanding of what you are doing. I used both and found it a usefull way of cross referring if i was unsure.
AREAS TO BE AWARE OF.....my opinion only.
You need to get the Split HIGH in the air, i was lucky i used the Ramp at my sons work, i was gonna do it on ma drive but reckon it would have taken a lot longer and be more fiddly.
When you are ready to pull the column and steering box outta the van,Thru the floor, make sure you loosen the the clamp that is inside the split.It is a metal cup type thing that holds a rubber bush in it, i found that my rubber bush held fast, so i had to gently loosen it with a small screwdriver.
The main " MODIFICATION" i had to make was on the main plate assembly.
Now this isnt gonna be easy to describe so please bare with me.
When you offer the "RACK" up to the GOLD coloured main plate assy you will see 4 bolts holes, 2 at the front(of the van as you fit plate) 2 at the back.
Near the 2 bolts at the front you will see a round hole that the "RACK" is supposed to fit thru and then bolt it in. It took me ages to try and fit this and it would NOT go, so, in the end i cut off the "round" section of the main plate assy and it all fitted together no problem.
Now i know some people will say i shouldnt have cut this piece off,BUT after i checked out all of the photo's i had in BOTH sets of instructions i noticed this bit is NOT there!
Time will tell if i was right to do this!!!!!!
Another problem i came across was......
When taking off the "drag link" a part of my chassis stopped me from lifting it clear, so i carefully bent the chassis piece outta the way removed the drag link and then re-straightened the chassiss piece.
All in all i found it straight forward to do, i would NOT say easy, i spent a good while reading thru the instruction first and then went for it.

I hope this all makes sense, if any of you go for this kit i would be only too glad to answer any questions you may have.

Would i reccomend this kit?????
At this moment in time i have driven about 6 miles with it on and in that short time i would say YES most deifnitely.No more Boat steering for me.

The kit cost me £695

hope this helps it should become clearer once you buy the kit

cheers

Mario Very Happy

DICKIE

DICKIE

Nice one mate smile
I spoke to a guy today at dubs at the farm who has fitted one and he said it was amazing.
He can steer with one finger at 80 :eek:

Mario

Mario

to add to my origional post.

ive just been out today for a "shake down run", as in to see if everything was tight and how it should be.
The steering kit is un fookin believeable(sp) Very Happy NO more boat steering and constant correcting of the wheel.
Please bare in mind folks,i have also had my spindles dropped and i replaced ALL wheel bearings and fitted brand new Spax shox too so all together my van is a totally different machine now Very Happy
Just gotta get the correct tyre size on the front to stop em rubbin when goin over bumps lol lol

think i may have to look at power steering now for slow speed turning :eek: Very Happy Very Happy

like ive said if i can help in any way just gimme a shout and i will be only to happy to help if i can Very Happy

DICKIE

DICKIE

spellbound wrote:

like ive said if i can help in any way just gimme a shout and i will be only to happy to help if i can Very Happy
Buy me one lol

Mario

Mario

DICKIE wrote:
spellbound wrote:

Buy me one lol

i just new someone was gonna write that lol lol lol lol lol

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

...and you knew it was gonna be Dickie too! lol

Mario

Mario

H wrote:...and you knew it was gonna be Dickie too! lol

YUP your right there H lol lol lol

Mario

Mario