FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

A bit of advice needed please...on this narrowed beam

+2
DICKIE
Mario
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Mario

Mario

Sorry guys if this is in the wrong section,

does anyone know if this narrowed beam in the link is any good??
The reason i ask is cos it is a LOT cheaper than Creatives and Type2Detectives.

Or if anyone knows of a narrowed beam for sale that will fit my rhd 67 split then i may well be interested
http://www.coolairvw.co.uk/ca/3764/mia/d/bus+1955+1967+2+narrowed+front+beam/pid/9754573

cheers guys

Mario Very Happy

DICKIE

DICKIE

Nothing wrong with that one dude,same as ive got but mines 4" and the same as t2d sell.
T2d sell cb performance beams but they narrow them to 4" instead of 2" and put in new needle bearings then whack on another £200 :eek:
Creatives are scratch built by themselves and they charge for it..
CB beams come from the US are are pretty much what most people sell unless there scratch built smile

Mario

Mario

Dickie, would you say a 2 inch narrowed beam would be sufficient?
I was gonna buy a 1776 engine from a geezah on VZI but now i cant if im gonna go for the narrowed beam.
It has pissed me orf a bit as i have worked my nuts off tryin to get the van done.
I REALLY need to make sure i get the correct beam. What are the pro's n cons of each beam?
Im just a bit on the gutted side ive gotta go this way as ive spent a shitload this past few weeks and its just put me on a bit of a downer.
To be on the safe side surely a 4 inch would be better as that would gimme 2 inch clearance either side but how would that effect handling at speed and cornering?
sorry for more questions dude but like i said all this has just fooked me orf a bit!!!

Crimbo

Crimbo

Looks good to me .. Very Happy

Crimbo

Crimbo

I've got a 4" narrowed beam .. no handling issues at all, (5" wide wheels).

I think it depends on whether your putting disc brakes on or wheel stud pattern adapters as to how narrow you go .. but narrower the better for me .. lol Cool Cool cheers

Mario

Mario

Crimbo wrote:I've got a 4" narrowed beam .. no handling issues at all, (5" wide wheels).

I think it depends on whether your putting disc brakes on or wheel stud pattern adapters as to how narrow you go .. but narrower the better for me .. lol Cool Cool cheers

cheers fella for the info Very Happy
im running on brand new Radars and i aint gonna be changing them, ive just a quick add up of the dosh ive spent n im WELL over 1200 quid at the mo Rolling Eyes
Thank fuck my missus is into vee dubs too wink
gonna go sit in a corner now and swear to myself to cheer masell up.

DICKIE

DICKIE

They handle fine mate honest,ive not had any issues with mine for handling.
Its upto you really mate,Ive only ever had the 4" beam and mine is fine.
You could still try the smaller profile tyres,
try these folks...prices include delivery to your door or tyre centre.

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=54236812.110.17752&typ=R-156561&ranzahl=4&Breite=175&Quer=50&Felge=15&weiter=0&Ang_pro_Seite=10&Transport=P&dsco=110

Crimbo

Crimbo

Can't beat having a Wifey into Dubs too .. But it does mean there's two of us spending the kiddies dinner money on rusty metal .. HA! .. there's always something .. .. .. ..

DICKIE

DICKIE

Crimbo wrote:Can't beat having a Wifey into Dubs too .. But it does mean there's two of us spending the kiddies dinner money on rusty metal .. HA! .. there's always something .. .. .. ..
lol lol
Kids can eat another day,theres parts to be bought lol

Mario

Mario

yeh my old girl is well cool when it comes to the dubs i am very lucky,as we have the three to look after.
as for kids my lad is 20 and works in kwik fit so all i have to do with him is keep askin when is he movin out and does he want me to pack for him lol lol lol

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

I'd try the lowest profile tyre I could find first - cheaper than the beam - so that I could have the engine... :evil:

...but I'd have had the engine before the lowering :whistle:

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

...at least your boy can fit the tyres! lol

Mario

Mario

H wrote:...at least your boy can fit the tyres! lol

yup true H lol lol

im just on a bit of a downer with this as ive worked my fucking nuts off to get all this work done whilst on early shift.
I'l be alright tho, just bein a silly old cunt felling sorry for myself, will give myself a right good talkin to in a bit and maybe the odd slap too :fight: :fight:

DICKIE

DICKIE

spellbound wrote:

yup true H lol lol

im just on a bit of a downer with this as ive worked my fucking nuts off to get all this work done whilst on early shift.
I'l be alright tho, just bein a silly old cunt felling sorry for myself, will give myself a right good talkin to in a bit and maybe the odd slap too :fight: :fight:
Mate you aint done bad for the money you've spent..
Irs,steering rack and spindles..all worth it in the long run

DICKIE

DICKIE

DICKIE wrote:
spellbound wrote:

yup true H lol lol

Mate you aint done bad for the money you've spent..
Irs,steering rack and spindles..all worth it in the long run
I think ive spent that on the wrong paint carzzy

Mario

Mario

ive still gotta IRS the back end yet lol lol lol

like i said im just bein a silly old cunt carzzy

but i am REALLY thinkin o goin for Creatives beam :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
they seem to have it sorted AND more importantly they have full fitting destructions with it smile

DICKIE

DICKIE

spellbound wrote:ive still gotta IRS the back end yet lol lol lol

like i said im just bein a silly old cunt carzzy

but i am REALLY thinkin o goin for Creatives beam :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
they seem to have it sorted AND more importantly they have full fitting destructions with it smile
Theres not gonna be any real difference apart from price mate and fitting is a piece of piss,it goes on the same way as the old one comes off.
The only one thing you have to do is weld the steering damper bracket on the cb beam,as they come to fit either rhd or lhd

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

DICKIE wrote:I think ive spent that on the wrong paint carzzy
lol

TBH Mario I think you're doing a great job smile

...and you and I both know that I know a thing or two about being a silly old cunt!!! wink hug

Mario

Mario

cheers guys hug
i will get it sorted, just a pain in the arse having to strip down the complete front end after ive already done that and re-built it lol lol lol
all part o ownin a Vee Dub onwards and upwards as they say smile or in this case off and downwards lol lol

DICKIE

DICKIE

Mario could you post up a pic of what the wheel looks like in the arches now please mate.
Lik i said before,lower profile tyres may solve your problem yet smile

Mario

Mario

will try to matey bear with me

Mario

Mario

here ya go Dickie

A bit of advice needed please...on this narrowed beam Splitwheel

you can see where it has rubbed,its on thei INNER lip. i think even 155 tyres would struggle to clear that to be honest

here onefrom afar

A bit of advice needed please...on this narrowed beam 002-2

Crags

I would personally go for a 4" beam. With those rims you wont see much wow factor on a 2" beam.

That said i would be very tempted to go for the motor instead lol

Mario

Mario

Crags wrote:I would personally go for a 4" beam. With those rims you wont see much wow factor on a 2" beam.

That said i would be very tempted to go for the motor instead lol

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO late i just ordered Creatives weedeater 4 inch narrowed beem this mornin :eek: Very Happy
oh god what have i done lol carzzy carzzy

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

fair play you no how to spend mate :eek:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum