FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone got any trade plates?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anyone got any trade plates? Empty Anyone got any trade plates? 29/6/2009, 5:48 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

Hopefully I may have found an empty bus for my camper conversion (fingers crossed) - it's safe to drive but needs a bit of work for an MOT and has no tax. Failure sheet says 4 minor spots of welding, hazards wiring and one slightly corroded brake pipe.

I have been led to believe it would be legal to drive it on trade plates to get it home for repair.

Is this true and do any of you (us wink hug ) have access to some trade plates and an afternoon free in exchange for beer/cider tokens... wink smile

The Reverend Mad Cyril

The Reverend Mad Cyril

H wrote:Hopefully I may have found an empty bus for my camper conversion (fingers crossed) - it's safe to drive but needs a bit of work for an MOT and has no tax. Failure sheet says 4 minor spots of welding, hazards wiring and one slightly corroded brake pipe.

I have been led to believe it would be legal to drive it on trade plates to get it home for repair.

Is this true and do any of you (us wink hug ) have access to some trade plates and an afternoon free in exchange for beer/cider tokens... wink smile
No ....i havnt......and if you find any1 who has i think you will find they wont be to keen to lend um m8.........cant you tow it smile

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

The Reverend Mad Cyril wrote:
H wrote:Hopefully I may have found an empty bus for my camper conversion (fingers crossed) - it's safe to drive but needs a bit of work for an MOT and has no tax. Failure sheet says 4 minor spots of welding, hazards wiring and one slightly corroded brake pipe.

No ....i havnt......and if you find any1 who has i think you will find they wont be to keen to lend um m8.........cant you tow it smile
Was quite happy to "borrow" the owner/authorised person too and booze them up for their time smile

Not expecting a loan of plates alone, way too dodgy.

I can't tow a turquoise LT31 behind my T4 from Rutland, a little too conspicuous! :eek: lol

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

cant you book it in for a test with the rev . drive it to yours then ring him and cancal the test . simpels

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

wheres Rutland ?

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

TOASTIE wrote:cant you book it in for a test with the rev . drive it to yours then ring him and cancal the test . simpels
I know about that - BUT, can I still do that if it already has a failure sheet and none of the work has been done??? Can I legally be asking for a second opinion from my local station as the new owner??? wink

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

TOASTIE wrote:wheres Rutland ?
2 hrs away

The Reverend Mad Cyril

The Reverend Mad Cyril

H wrote:
TOASTIE wrote:cant you book it in for a test with the rev . drive it to yours then ring him and cancal the test . simpels
I know about that - BUT, can I still do that if it already has a failure sheet and none of the work has been done??? Can I legally be asking for a second opinion from my local station as the new owner??? wink
Yip....book it in and drive it ........you will need insurance tho smile

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

personally i would just book it in and do it . you dont need to tell anyone you no it has a failer sheet . you just bort a new van and are taking it strait back for an mot .

fink long as its booked in and they can check you'd be ok .. but thats only imo

10Anyone got any trade plates? Empty Re: Anyone got any trade plates? 29/6/2009, 6:11 pm

The Reverend Mad Cyril

The Reverend Mad Cyril

Fookin by Yorkshire i fink carzzy

11Anyone got any trade plates? Empty Re: Anyone got any trade plates? 29/6/2009, 6:11 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

can the rev test it ? you could really bring it strait back for a test

12Anyone got any trade plates? Empty Re: Anyone got any trade plates? 29/6/2009, 6:12 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

Rut-land sound like vzi camping with dickie about lol

13Anyone got any trade plates? Empty Re: Anyone got any trade plates? 29/6/2009, 6:26 pm

The Reverend Mad Cyril

The Reverend Mad Cyril

TOASTIE wrote:can the rev test it ? you could really bring it strait back for a test
Hav to check the weight wink

14Anyone got any trade plates? Empty Re: Anyone got any trade plates? 29/6/2009, 6:29 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

Fookin by Yorkshire i fink carzzy
lol

TOASTIE wrote:can the rev test it ? you could really bring it strait back for a test
...but I know it's got failure points.

TOASTIE wrote:Rut-land sound like vzi camping with dickie about lol
lol fuck

Hav to check the weight wink
Should still be a class 4 test, my LT28 was, the LT31 is just a couple of feet longer with higher rated springs.

15Anyone got any trade plates? Empty Re: Anyone got any trade plates? 29/6/2009, 6:31 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

H wrote:
Yip....book it in and drive it ........you will need insurance tho smile
My insurance is fine as long as I don't own it until I get it home wink

16Anyone got any trade plates? Empty Re: Anyone got any trade plates? 29/6/2009, 6:36 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

that makes it a bit more tricky you can hardly say you have just bort it and are takin it strait for test but then say it aint yours yet ., i spos you could stick it in the mrs name so you wouldn't own it but it would still make sence you were driving it back smile

17Anyone got any trade plates? Empty Re: Anyone got any trade plates? 29/6/2009, 6:38 pm

vin van man

vin van man

H, I have a welder! But it is half my Dads so lending it out is not fair, but I don't mind bringing it up or you coming down!

We only went halves because we could buy a better one between us! smile

18Anyone got any trade plates? Empty Re: Anyone got any trade plates? 29/6/2009, 6:42 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

TOASTIE wrote:that makes it a bit more tricky you can hardly say you have just bort it and are takin it strait for test but then say it aint yours yet ., i spos you could stick it in the mrs name so you wouldn't own it but it would still make sence you were driving it back smile
Should be OK if I have my story straight first wink

A lot to work out first, but it could be good smile

19Anyone got any trade plates? Empty Re: Anyone got any trade plates? 29/6/2009, 6:46 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

ye thats it just get the sorry in you head and go for it , hope it works out mate

20Anyone got any trade plates? Empty Re: Anyone got any trade plates? 29/6/2009, 6:48 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

vin van man wrote:H, I have a welder! But it is half my Dads so lending it out is not fair, but I don't mind bringing it up or you coming down!

We only went halves because we could buy a better one between us! smile
I'd be quite happy for you to do my welding mate wink smile Gosh that was cheeky of me lol TBH I'm a little out of practice anyway and was kind of subtly asking if you had one AND could help me wink

Would have to be here as I won't be able to drive the beast all over the place for all the reasons above wink

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

Can you PM me your phone number please Chicky so if I get the bus I can book my MOT... wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum