FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mobile phone holders

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Mobile phone holders Empty Mobile phone holders 5/3/2009, 11:11 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

Do you have a holder in your car for your mobile? Is it any good?

I use my mobile mainly as an MP3 player and want some sort of holder to make it easier/safer to use - and keep it a bit safer too.

Any recommendations?

2Mobile phone holders Empty Re: Mobile phone holders 5/3/2009, 11:14 pm

the braincell

the braincell

Nope, sorry Very Happy

3Mobile phone holders Empty Re: Mobile phone holders 5/3/2009, 11:16 pm

negawskloV

negawskloV

only my pocket lol

4Mobile phone holders Empty Re: Mobile phone holders 5/3/2009, 11:19 pm

negawskloV

negawskloV

hey H, I got given a Blackberry . . . dunno how it works yet though lol am I right in thinking you know about these things?

I dunno if I wanna use it as my main phone cos it has no camera and Orange want another £5 off me (not sure what for, t'internet I think' if I use it . . . can I use it to go on VZi when we're away camping? Lise'd love that!! get her fix n all that lol

5Mobile phone holders Empty Re: Mobile phone holders 5/3/2009, 11:29 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

Blackberry's do all sorts of clever stuff, yes, but I've never paid that much attention as they're not Mac compatible...

Not sure I'd use one as my "daily" even if the compatibility was there - but as it's not I've never explored their full potential.

I love the 3G iPhone (though not the price tag) - but I know the "kidz" want MMS and a better camera for all their happy slapping.

TBH I do all my phone surfing with regular Sony Ericsson phones - with Opera Mini installed in Java (works on all mobiles with Java enabled) - even a £20 W200i is great on the web, though a little slow with images enabled as it's only GPRS. My current K770i is the danglies - 3G web and 3.2MP camera Very Happy (and it was free, not "included in an expensive contract" free, but proper real life "free" free Very Happy )

6Mobile phone holders Empty Re: Mobile phone holders 5/3/2009, 11:31 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

Short answer - I can get VZi on most phones wink

This forum doesn't work though, can read it but not post sad

7Mobile phone holders Empty Re: Mobile phone holders 5/3/2009, 11:34 pm

negawskloV

negawskloV

cool I've got it working on my home wifi & it seems handy . . . I'll have a bit of a play with it Cool

8Mobile phone holders Empty Re: Mobile phone holders 5/3/2009, 11:36 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

If the fiver is for your internet and it's unlimited then I think that's pretty good.

I'm probably going to go from virgin to O2 and get the deal Toast has - more voice minutes for the same money and unlimited web - but only really because I want an iPhone in the near future and O2 are the only legitimate iPhone carrier.

9Mobile phone holders Empty Re: Mobile phone holders 5/3/2009, 11:38 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

Main reason I want an iPhone is it's WiFi connection - I could then use it at home as a tablet with great bandwidth when the Mrs has the Mac

10Mobile phone holders Empty Re: Mobile phone holders 5/3/2009, 11:41 pm

negawskloV

negawskloV

that's what I'm not sure about myself . . . I need to phone Orange again & see what the charges are. Even if I just use it for shows that'd be worth a fiver a month in the Summer smile

not sure I'll use it wifi much unless I start frequenting a pub with a free connection . . . ooh now that's an idea lol drink

11Mobile phone holders Empty Re: Mobile phone holders 5/3/2009, 11:44 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

Virgin is 30p a day for unlimited web - you only pay it on the days you use it Very Happy

Cheap for shows.

12Mobile phone holders Empty Re: Mobile phone holders 5/3/2009, 11:49 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

But the O2 voice package would give me 2x the minutes and the same web for the same money.

I'm yet to own a truly smart phone - the iPhone has a top drawer MP3 player with full compatibility with my Mac, 3G, WiFi and some other clever stuff too - it does it for me. One day.

The Blackberry is meant to be very similar for PC users - I'd like to have a look smile

13Mobile phone holders Empty Re: Mobile phone holders 5/3/2009, 11:55 pm

negawskloV

negawskloV

yeah I gave up on macs a lil while ago... too expensive & the OS wasn't future proof enough for me, I had to keep upgrading. I do prefer using them though... still got an imac somewhere burried in the spare room lol

Welcome to have a butcher at the blackberry when I get over to yours mate smile

14Mobile phone holders Empty Re: Mobile phone holders 5/3/2009, 11:58 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

The Mac world has become a bit more stable in the last couple of years - OSX is pretty much nailed down and the move to the Intel platform is complete - the crossover time was bloody mayhem though lol

15Mobile phone holders Empty Re: Mobile phone holders 6/3/2009, 12:01 am

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

In a former life I was a big style computer programmer - big stress, big money - PC and UNIX stuff, monster databases for a financial institution - they were always going wrong and always bloody toss.

That is the very good reason why my "personal" machines have always been Mac's wink

16Mobile phone holders Empty Re: Mobile phone holders 6/3/2009, 12:06 am

negawskloV

negawskloV

yeah I gave up on the imac when I'd got to OS 10.1.4 . . . it wouldn't go beyond that, not enough RAM at only 512k... could have added more but cheap windows laptops became a more viable option for me

this is the imac I have... a DV 500

Mobile phone holders IMacdv_500mhz

Dad's still got one of these too somewhere too Cool

Mobile phone holders 9_843-apple-macintosh

original Mackintosh... oldschool classic!
Very Happy

you seen the film 'Pirates of Silicon Valley' H?

17Mobile phone holders Empty Re: Mobile phone holders 6/3/2009, 12:12 am

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

negawskloV wrote:yeah I gave up on the imac when I'd got to OS 10.1.4 . . . it wouldn't go beyond that, not enough RAM at only 512k... could have added more but cheap windows laptops became a more viable option for me

this is the imac I have... a DV 500

Mobile phone holders IMacdv_500mhz

Dad's still got one of these too somewhere too Cool

original Mackintosh... oldschool classic!
Very Happy

you seen the film 'Pirates of Silicon Valley' H?

Want it Cool

Not heard of the film, what's it about?

I had an indigo iMac too along the way smile also earlier stuff pre G series, started my Mac life on OS7, have had every version of OSX, a few desktops, a few iMacs, many iBooks and now a MacBook Cool Very Happy

I love 'em Very Happy

18Mobile phone holders Empty Re: Mobile phone holders 6/3/2009, 12:17 am

negawskloV

negawskloV

it's the story of microsoft & apple . . . Jobs, Wozniac, Gates etc . . . it's a very good film, very interesting smile

looks like someones uploaded the whole film to youtube in parts here Cool

https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=glork2007&view=videos

part 1