FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whining noise on start up.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Whining noise on start up. Empty Whining noise on start up. 22/4/2010, 7:20 pm

EGG

EGG

Got the Wife a Polo, under warrenty but wanna know what is wrong so they can fob me off with some bullshit. Only happens when first started after a long sit (hours). After that runs fine. Turn it off and straight back on no noise??? Any ideas? Whining noise on start up. 574558
Starter motor???? Belts???????
Water cooled is too complicated for me. Actual all cars are. Whining noise on start up. 574558 Whining noise on start up. 46825 Whining noise on start up. 46825 Whining noise on start up. 46825

2Whining noise on start up. Empty Re: Whining noise on start up. 22/4/2010, 7:36 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

fuel pump ?

3Whining noise on start up. Empty Re: Whining noise on start up. 22/4/2010, 10:29 pm

vin van man

vin van man

Petrol or diesel?

4Whining noise on start up. Empty Re: Whining noise on start up. 25/4/2010, 12:08 pm

OOORRRR-George

OOORRRR-George

sounds like a pre tensioner or summut man, spray a bit of wd on each pully and when the sound stops u know which one makin the noise ( water pump, etc, dont soak the belts!!) or pop it down to us, will diagnose for free wink
or , even better, if its under warranty why not just take to your dealer? dosnt matter what bullshit they say its a free fix enit?
G

5Whining noise on start up. Empty Re: Whining noise on start up. 25/4/2010, 12:37 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

EGG wrote:Got the Wife a Polo,

Any ideas?
Is it very high pitched and whiny and sound like this...

"didn't want a fuckin' polo, didn't want a fuckin' polo, didn't want a fuckin' polo"

???

carzzy

6Whining noise on start up. Empty Re: Whining noise on start up. 26/4/2010, 6:40 am

EGG

EGG

Cheers all.
Its going back to the dealer tonight. so they can fix it tomorrow. Sounds like its the starter motor according to most people i've spoken to.
Common fault according to the dealer, "it will carry on like that forever."
No it won't you'll fucking fix it. Whining noise on start up. 105441
Glad to see you bus back on the drive today G. For a sec I thought you'd sold it. Whining noise on start up. 256199

7Whining noise on start up. Empty Re: Whining noise on start up. 26/4/2010, 8:45 am

OOORRRR-George

OOORRRR-George

Nah, not sold man, just lower! lol, (took 6 months!!!!) still not low enuff:(
Selling the chop tho! lol

8Whining noise on start up. Empty Re: Whining noise on start up. 2/5/2010, 9:37 am

EGG

EGG

All sorted with this now. Took it back and got new discs and pads to stop it juddering when breaking over 40 miph.
And they stopped the noise on the starter, don't know how, but as long as it don't come back i'm happy. (probably just wrapped it in sound deadening Whining noise on start up. 46825 )

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum