FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

DVLA engine swap

+6
dicky mint
oilyT
Mario
alibabs
weardybeardy
substandard
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1DVLA engine swap Empty DVLA engine swap 2/11/2010, 12:55 pm

substandard

substandard

I know it's not VW again but.....

I'm trying to get the registration doc changed for my Standard 8 engine swap. I've tried 3 times but the DVLA keep sending it back unchanged. They want, and I quote "Written confirmation of the change on headed paper from an independent garage". I've explained to them that the swap was done by me, the engine was bought through ebay and that no garage was involved in any part of the modification. I wish I hadn't bothered telling them but now I have, I've got to see it through as it might cause difficulties next MOT.

Anyone got any ideas?

2DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 2/11/2010, 4:49 pm

weardybeardy

Get an garage to do a letter to confirm the details of the engine that has been fitted. I dont think they ne dto state that they did it, just confir it has been done.

3DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 2/11/2010, 4:52 pm

alibabs

alibabs

how important is this as i havent informed them of my enging change in the bug. Will it affect my mot as i have one next month on the red bug. And would a sympathetic mot man turn a blind eye ?

4DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 2/11/2010, 4:55 pm

Mario

Mario

alibabs wrote:how important is this as i havent informed them of my enging change in the bug. Will it affect my mot as i have one next month on the red bug. And would a sympathetic mot man turn a blind eye ?

An engine swap is classed as a modifcation matey............so,for insurance if not mentioned and they find out then they can bin your claim and not pay out.

For MOT you should be ok,.

Ignorance is sometimes bliss wink

Last edited by Mario on 2/11/2010, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

5DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 2/11/2010, 4:57 pm

Mario

Mario

AND PLEASE DO NOT MENTION ANY MODS YOU MAY HAVE DONE ON AN OPEN FORUM

YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS GUEST READING YOUR POST wink

UNLESS THEY are DECLARED OF COURSE........

6DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 2/11/2010, 4:59 pm

oilyT

oilyT

It will not affect your mot. smile with a standard engine replacement just change your engine no . with a engine conversion do as weardy said. smile

7DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 2/11/2010, 4:59 pm

Mario

Mario

weardybeardy wrote:Get an garage to do a letter to confirm the details of the engine that has been fitted. I dont think they ne dto state that they did it, just confir it has been done.

What the bearded chap says^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^..............surely you must know a nice man in a garage?

8DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 2/11/2010, 5:04 pm

alibabs

alibabs

cheers guys will tell the insurance tom (maybe )will they0want proof from dvla at all or will they just want the engine number ?. . . .

9DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 2/11/2010, 5:06 pm

alibabs

alibabs

just checked the van and that ran out of mot 3weeks ago lol

10DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 2/11/2010, 6:13 pm

substandard

substandard

alibabs wrote:cheers guys will tell the insurance tom (maybe )will they0want proof from dvla at all or will they just want the engine number ?. . . .

My insurance company were happy with the engine change. It's just the DVLA that seem to want proof.

Anyone know a garage that'll do me a letter?

11DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 2/11/2010, 6:16 pm

dicky mint

dicky mint

had this with my ducati engine swap. in the end i went to the mot station/bike shop that tests all my bikes. they drafted a letter confirming the change and capacity change and the dvla were happy with that.
took a while though to be honest Rolling Eyes

12DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 2/11/2010, 7:33 pm

alibabs

alibabs

substandard wrote:
alibabs wrote:cheers guys will tell the insurance tom (maybe )will they0want proof from dvla at all or will they just want the engine number ?. . . .

My insurance company were happy with the engine change. It's just the DVLA that seem to want proof.

Anyone know a garage that'll do me a letter?
i could ask my mate rob he got a garage out at coombe hill . called village auto services hes good lad give us ashout you get stuck ill ask him or send you his number...............had it in my head you worked at a garage?

13DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 2/11/2010, 8:47 pm

the braincell

the braincell

alibabs wrote:just checked the van and that ran out of mot 3weeks ago lol

Amateur ! I accidently went 3 months with no mot on the car last year Very Happy

14DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 2/11/2010, 8:59 pm

dicky mint

dicky mint

the braincell wrote:
alibabs wrote:just checked the van and that ran out of mot 3weeks ago lol

Amateur ! I accidently went 3 months with no mot on the car last year Very Happy

i think mrs mint could beat that. but i didnt say anything if she asks lol

15DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 2/11/2010, 9:20 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

i missed the tax on the micra foe a few month , never had a letter or fine or anything smile and a few years ago i wernt insured for 6 months , they stoped it without telling me , i was riding loads of nice cars at the time pluss my zzr 1100 , it could of been very bad but again i got away with it smile

16DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 3/11/2010, 1:17 am

substandard

substandard

alibabs wrote:had it in my head you worked at a garage?

Nah. I work in an ice cream factory. Pete works in a garage but he doesn't think his boss would be that helpful.

17DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 3/11/2010, 6:58 am

alibabs

alibabs

do you get free lollys then. ?

18DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 3/11/2010, 8:42 am

OOORRRR-George

OOORRRR-George

HELLO.... IM NICE (actually im a right cunt but its hard work all the time!) .... IM SAT IN A GARAGE....I HAVE HEADED PAPER! lol
ill do you a letter no problem,on headed paper, no charge, why didnt you just ask me confused
there wont be any mot issues as you test on age of vehicle not engine, and if the tester dosnt ask engine size etc he probably wont notice on something you dont see everyday, and he shouldnt need to ask engine size as it a visual on the emissions test. and its really only an issue should you need to claim on your insurance, a traffic copper also might be displeased.
pop down to our garage and ill draft one straight away.
i already saw the car at the cheltenham hotrod show thing, but best to bring it down so we can just confirm.
sweet
george

19DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 3/11/2010, 12:36 pm

substandard

substandard

OOORRRR-George wrote:
ill do you a letter no problem,on headed paper, no charge, why didnt you just ask me confused

oh yeah confused confused

Cheers George Very Happy I'll pop down tomorrow.

alibabs wrote:do you get free lollys then. ?

All I can eat Very Happy

20DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 3/11/2010, 2:38 pm

OOORRRR-George

OOORRRR-George

No probs!
All you can eat lollys eh......could this explain the extra horsepower needed? lol

21DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 3/11/2010, 2:51 pm

alibabs

alibabs

substandard wrote:

OOORRRR-George wrote:

oh yeah confused confused

Cheers George Very Happy I'll pop down tomorrow.

alibabs wrote:do you get free lollys then. ?

All I can eat Very Happy
bring some to the next meet then in an ice box. lol

22DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 3/11/2010, 2:52 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

do you make toffee crumbles ?

23DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 3/11/2010, 2:59 pm

substandard

substandard

Could be a contributing factor....

Scoffing lollies is only part of my strict calorie controlled diet. It takes plenty of beer, cider, cakes and sitting down to keep this level of physical perfection. DVLA engine swap 621165

I'll pop over as soon as I get up. About 1ish

24DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 3/11/2010, 3:00 pm

substandard

substandard

Toastie wrote:do you make toffee crumbles ?

I wish! I also wish we made cider lollies. Stowford's on a stick!!!

25DVLA engine swap Empty Re: DVLA engine swap 3/11/2010, 3:02 pm

substandard

substandard

alibabs wrote:bring some to the next meet then in an ice box. lol

Unfortunately, I can't take any off site. I can only eat what I can while I'm there. There is a staff shop but it's cheaper in asda!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum