FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Price For A Bay Window :)

+5
Mario
substandard
wickedwyche
the braincell
Stereophoney
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Price For A Bay Window :) Empty What Price For A Bay Window :) 3/5/2011, 9:10 am

Stereophoney

Stereophoney

Just wondering what people think is a good starting price to be spending on a bay ?

I'm not worried about mechanical issues as i am a mechanic by trade, i can weld ( kind of wink )so i'm not afraid of a bit of work but i haven't the facilities to do a full resto sad

Just wondering how much you guys with far more knowledge than me would expect to have to save to start out ?

Something with an mot would be nice but not essential wink

the braincell

the braincell

£3.50

Stereophoney

Stereophoney

Really is that all ?

There was me saving like a bastard aswell wink

the braincell

the braincell

It's a good starting price ! And also a good finishing price - but very unlikely !

wickedwyche

wickedwyche

Crikey, it's bit of a how long is a peice of string one.

It's getting more difficult to find a low priced project these days but the fact that you're happy to do some of the work yourself does provide an advantage. If you're going to look at any pay attention to the body work, there can be alot of crap lurking behind an ok paint job and even if you are going to do some welding the cost of panels can start adding up.

Keep your eyes peeled on various forum classifieds, I was at Stanford Hall on Sunday and the prices were just increasingly mental in the for sale field.

Take your time and choose carefully, hopefully will save yourself a bit of work and money! Good luck Very Happy

Stereophoney

Stereophoney

Yeah i have looked at some with nice paint jobs with bubbles underneath wink

I'm not sure wether to buy a shabby mot'd one and do it up myself so i know how sound it is or buy a half tidy one to use straight away, the mrs wants one we can use this summer, typical woman !

I know either way i'm gonna spend the same amount wink

substandard

substandard

Bay prices are going mental recently. Almost as much as similar condition splittys. Could be worth checking out splittys too.

Mario

Mario

You need to look outside the "scene" if you can...........

without a specific vehicle to give us a picture of its hard to price.............

you southern(in england) peoples........pay different to what we do up here...............plus iam notorious when dealing with vehicles............(tight twat in other words)

Prices from afar look to be rising for bays............

If it were me id be looking for a shitter or project or one that needed work............but then again you only have to look art my splitty rebuild to see i likes a challenge carzzy carzzy lol lol lol lol

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

im a bit out of touch with prices but i would guess you would buy a running bus with mot for 2k then something half about for 4k , i would rather buy the 2k one and know its faults than a tarted up 4k er .

corect me if im wrong but a would guess you could get an un mot'ed on that wasnt to far off for a gran still

like a say im not up on it , all them prices seem mantle to me tbo

dicky mint

dicky mint

we looked for a friend end of last summer, not a lot about under £2k. they needed a fair bit of work too. there is still that one sat in a barn near kinnersley. could be worth a knock on the door.
you never know Very Happy

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

my first one was 80 quid , that was about 10 years back smile

Stereophoney

Stereophoney

fucking hell £80 !! i haven't seen anything for less than a grand, even ones common sense would tell you to scrap sad

I've been looking here there and everywhere but the only places they seem to pop up is ebay so i'm wary of going for anything too far away cos i want to view before buying wink

As for the splitties i don't think i can afford anywhere near enough for a roller never mind a runner sad

Spose i'll just keep putting pennies in the pot until some old biddy who's gone mad sells me one for a pound wink

Taze

Taze

Stereophoney

Stereophoney

I saw that one on ebay a few months back, obviously didn't sell then

SP2

SP2

No hopers are going for 2k plus these days. It really is a bit stupid. Look around and there are some nice vans, at very nice prices. Very few "bargains" however.

Budget for £4K - £6K and you can get a rolling project that will be usable for the summer, if not pretty. If you wait until the autumn, you can knock a grand off.

Good luck by the way. I took 14 months to get mine. wink

Stereophoney

Stereophoney

Cheers mate, have been trying to get the wife to agree to wait till demand falls in the autumn but you know what women are like wink

wickedwyche

wickedwyche

Stereophoney wrote:
I've been looking here there and everywhere but the only places they seem to pop up is ebay so i'm wary of going for anything too far away cos i want to view before buying wink

Do you go on Volkstorque? It's a midlands based forum so might be worth a look see if there's anything localish.

http://www.volkstorque.co.uk/

Stereophoney

Stereophoney

No i'll have a browse, nice one

dicky mint

dicky mint

aircooled collective worth a look to. http://thelatebay.com/index.php?board=19.0

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum