FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

Early Bay Low Light camper

+5
dicky mint
Kimbo
substandard
Toastie
Stereophoney
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Early Bay Low Light camper 10/5/2011, 7:54 pm

Stereophoney

Stereophoney

I'm going to see a bay this week that apparently needs a bit of welding, been told it's a low light early bay ? any idea what this is ? Obviously i've seen early bays but not sure what a low light is, cheers peeps

Gary

2Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 10/5/2011, 8:01 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

Early Bay Low Light camper 3749448

Early Bay Low Light camper P1000666

i guess there talking indicators

3Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 10/5/2011, 8:01 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

the low one are erlyer and people like them more ,. dickie will have more info for you smile

4Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 10/5/2011, 8:48 pm

Stereophoney

Stereophoney

Makes sense when you put it like that, i knew the early ones had lower indicators just didn't realise they called them low lights smile

5Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 10/5/2011, 8:52 pm

substandard

substandard

I like early bays. First time I've heard them called low lights though. Good luck with it. Hope it's what you're after...

6Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 10/5/2011, 8:54 pm

substandard

substandard

Is it local??

7Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 10/5/2011, 8:55 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

check the back lights as well and let us know or take some pics

8Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 10/5/2011, 8:57 pm

substandard

substandard

oh yeah. Could be a crossover. Still nice though.

9Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 10/5/2011, 8:57 pm

Kimbo

Kimbo

" Early "Bays" 1968>72

1968 Saw the "Bay window" model replace the "Split screen". It was a radical rethink with changes such as ball joint front suspension rather than king and link pin, IRS rear end instead of reduction boxes and swing-arms, a one piece windscreen, and wind down cab windows. Engines were fitted with a "back bar" to stabilise the engine. In fact just about every body panel and mechanical part was changed.

1969 The front axle is changed, fuel tank is now hidden behind a bulk head, door handles are changed.

1970 Minor changes took place such as the fuse box, otherwise an uneventful year.

1971 1971>72 saw the introduction of front disc brakes and new rear brake system. Also the introduction of the small 5 stud wheels with flat hubcaps.

1972 Bodywork changes included flared front and rear wheel arches, tall rear lights, with reverse lights as an optional extra. This year also saw the introduction of the 1.7L flat Type 4 style engine with twin carbs. There were some vehicles with early style arches and disc brakes. A few of the late "72 vehicles have high front indicators and "73 on front panels but still have the wrap around style front and rear bumpers.

Late "Bays" 1973>79

1973 Sees a huge model revamp. The "wrap around" style bumpers were replaced with the square style. The front indicators were moved up to the new grille. Changes were also made to the front arches and cab floor, accelerator linkage, steering box and so many other improvements such as the 1800cc engine. Front brakes were again upgraded.

"

10Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 10/5/2011, 8:59 pm

Kimbo

Kimbo

I'm looking to upgrade from the square :eek: i'd like a early bay Very Happy

11Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 10/5/2011, 9:01 pm

dicky mint

dicky mint

early ones had a cresent air intakes and late ones were more angular. unless its a crossover that is.

12Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 10/5/2011, 9:03 pm

substandard

substandard

Kimbo wrote:I'm looking to upgrade from the square :eek:

Noooooooooooooo!

Oh hang on I did sell my fastback for a '68 Bay......

13Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 10/5/2011, 9:07 pm

Kimbo

Kimbo

Noooooooooooooo!

Oh hang on I did sell my fastback for a '68 Bay......
Ah and look what you have now wink

14Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 10/5/2011, 9:22 pm

substandard

substandard

Kimbo wrote:

Oh that old thing....

15Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 10/5/2011, 9:31 pm

dicky mint

dicky mint

substandard wrote:
Kimbo wrote:

Oh that old thing....

lol lol lol

16Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 11/5/2011, 7:56 am

SP2

SP2

Toastie wrote:the low one are erlyer and people like them more ,. dickie will have more info for you smile

Some people like them more wink

17Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 11/5/2011, 11:49 am

Stereophoney

Stereophoney

substandard wrote:Is it local??

Yeah it's in Gloucester somewhere Rob but the guy won't tell me where yet or how much he wants until the friend who told me about it comes down with me confused

Apparently he's been quoted 3 grand for the welding but that was to have it taken away, my little clarke mig might take a hiding yet LAF

Been dry stored since 2000 when it was last taxed like

Bet he wants something fucking stupid for it know

18Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 11/5/2011, 12:04 pm

bixit

bixit

Bet he wants something fucking stupid for it

Yep, unfortunately they all do these days !!!

:mad:

19Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 11/5/2011, 12:37 pm

substandard

substandard

Stereophoney wrote:
Apparently he's been quoted 3 grand for the welding

Seems a little steep! :eek: That's gotta include a respray hasn't it? Or am I out of touch with current prices? confused

20Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 11/5/2011, 12:45 pm

substandard

substandard

Stereophoney wrote: my little clarke mig might take a hiding yet

You can do wonderful things with a little Clarke

Early Bay Low Light camper 6380_1185347478330_1367552337_501638_1103438_n

Very Happy

21Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 11/5/2011, 1:22 pm

Stereophoney

Stereophoney

Dunno Rob i've seen people pay 3 grand for a spray job alone, although 3 grand for panels is very steep, i priced one up not so long back arches floors etc and i came in around £1500 granted that was without welding consumables but still but was almost a new bus just in panels LAF

22Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 11/5/2011, 2:32 pm

negawskloV

negawskloV

not all panels are the same... the better quality stuff costs $$$$

23Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 11/5/2011, 4:30 pm

Stereophoney

Stereophoney

I'm hearing ya, the last one i priced up with just kampers panels, they claim they are as good as original but the real world is a different place smile

24Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 11/5/2011, 7:28 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

Stereophoney wrote:I'm hearing ya, the last one i priced up with just kampers panels, they claim they are as good as original but the real world is a different place smile
lol lol i wouldnt believe what Just kampers say about their panels..
I wouldnt buy any panel other than Klassic fab or auto craft engineering..
I think heritage are now selling klassicfabs stuff (it only comes in green panels)
Good luck with the purchase Very Happy Very Happy

25Early Bay Low Light camper Empty Re: Early Bay Low Light camper 11/5/2011, 7:36 pm

Stereophoney

Stereophoney

Ah right cheers i'll keep that in mind smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum