FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

'58 oval beetle. What's it worth?

+2
the braincell
substandard
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

substandard

substandard

A friend of a friend has been offered a '58 oval window beetle, lowered, good engine, recon gearbox, solid but ratlook.

I realise it's a bit vague but that's all I know. He wants a ball park figure.

Any ideas?

the braincell

the braincell

By 'rat look', do they mean rusty as fuck ?

substandard

substandard

I guess so but structurally ok. (is that a word?)

Mario

Mario

substandard wrote:A friend of a friend has been offered a '58 oval window beetle, lowered, good engine, recon gearbox, solid but ratlook.

I realise it's a bit vague but that's all I know. He wants a ball park figure.

Any ideas?

Did you say Oval beetle??..............on a 58 plate??? confused

when did they swap over to large windows on the rear??

giving a price on a motor without a pic is a bit hard really...........is it mot'd.........any work needed?
By ratlook do they mean paint n body work naturally aged over time or has someone played about to make it a rat look???

To give you an idea..............my 56 oval lhd swedish import was up for sale at £6250 ono...........

Mario Very Happy

alibabs

alibabs

As you guys no I no nothing bout cars however I do no that the oval split was made up till 53 and the oval was 53-57 !

substandard

substandard

oh right. well that fucks things up straight away!

Not sure about MOT or whether it's a proper aged rat look. I fucking hope it is!

I'll find out more when the wife gets home. She's on a piss up in Cheltenham... '58 oval beetle. What's it worth? 664717

Mario

Mario

alibabs wrote:As you guys no I no nothing bout cars however I do no that the oval split was made up till 53 and the oval was 53-57 !

i thought 57 was the cut off for ovals but wasnt sure to be honest......

either the year of the car is wrong( as in person has been mis-informed) or the 58 has had the big rear window replaced by the oval..

DICKIE

DICKIE

could still be an oval registered in 58,just may have stayed in the dealership untill then.

Mario

Mario

DICKIE wrote:could still be an oval registered in 58,just may have stayed in the dealership untill then.

good finkin Batman Very Happy

substandard

substandard

Looks COOL!!!

'58 oval beetle. What's it worth? 22684210

'58 oval beetle. What's it worth? 24789910

alibabs

alibabs

Looks like an oval to me !

Mario

Mario

alibabs wrote:Looks like an oval to me !

it DONT to me............

Why???

Front windscreen looks too big for an oval..............but im NOT an expert on the different models of bugs and their changes.................i will put up a pic of my old oval to compare them so you can see what i mean............................

either way i like that^^^^^ bug,it does have a certain appeal to it............... Very Happy

Mario

Mario

substandard wrote:

'58 oval beetle. What's it worth? 24789910

and here's my old one........

'58 oval beetle. What's it worth? DSC02232

You can CLEARLY see there IS a difference in the windscreen shape and size................

Like i say tho i am NOT an expert by any means.................just pointing out the difference thats all.............i wouldnt like anyone to buy something that it isnt..

cheers

Mario Very Happy

negawskloV

negawskloV

it's certainly an oddity... I'd be interested to see what the dashboard is. It's possibly some kind of crossover. Difficult to value from the 2 pics but I'd say around £4k

alibabs

alibabs

Didn't the windscreens get bit bigger later on ? Hey who cares it's a nice bug I'd buy it

But why are the wing mirrors on the bonnet?

negawskloV

negawskloV

alibabs wrote:Didn't the windscreens get bit bigger later on ?
1958 model year is when the windscreen changed... It's also when the rear window changed too which is why this bug is an oddity confused
alibabs wrote:But why are the wing mirrors on the bonnet?
Albert swan neck mirrors are an aftermarket accessory which obviously should be mounted in front of the swage trim and I dunno why they've located them on the bonnet but it's not a factory fitted item so it's up to the owner where they fit them *shrugs*

Last edited by negawskloV on 25/5/2011, 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Mario

Mario

alibabs wrote:Didn't the windscreens get bit bigger later on ? Hey who cares it's a nice bug I'd buy it

But why are the wing mirrors on the bonnet?

the albert mirrors are fitted where mine are matey wink

alibabs

alibabs

Thought yours were same as mine Mario on the panel just above the wing confused

Mario

Mario

alibabs wrote:Thought yours were same as mine Mario on the panel just above the wing confused

Yes matey...........thats where they fit Very Happy

alibabs

alibabs

Mario wrote:
alibabs wrote:Thought yours were same as mine Mario on the panel just above the wing confused

YE BUT THEIR ON THE BONNET OF THIS BUG

alibabs

alibabs

PS IM NOT shoutimg

Mario

Mario

alibabs wrote:
Mario wrote:

YE BUT THEIR ON THE BONNET OF THIS BUG

he must have fancied being different mate...........

alibabs wrote:PS IM NOT shoutimg

its ok im deaf anyways....you get like this after 24 yrs o marriage
Very Happy lol lol

alibabs

alibabs

differents good
i still desperate for a set of them wheels ya no even more so now ive seen dickies on his bus
better not go off on a tanghent ( spelling) lets us no how you mate gets on substandard

substandard

substandard

You carry on boys.

We got a message from him today, it's MOTd til November, he reckons the rear window is original, the guy wants 4700 but he's gonna offer 4000 based on our advice smile

alibabs

alibabs

All the best mate nice looking bug whatever it is or isnt lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum