FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

new tax disc holders , help

+8
alibabs
the braincell
bixit
SP2
Mario
dicky mint
Taze
Toastie
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26new tax disc holders , help  - Page 2 Empty Re: new tax disc holders , help 11/6/2011, 10:22 pm

63Split

63Split

How many pixles does it need to be for the printers??

27new tax disc holders , help  - Page 2 Empty Re: new tax disc holders , help 11/6/2011, 10:25 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

know one knows i dont think smile,. i wouldn't mind it changing to 94 for the birth date of the club , if its easy to do both great if not leave it as is , cheers for trying mate , i will down load gimp again , the last time i had it there was some sort of bug in it i think

28new tax disc holders , help  - Page 2 Empty Re: new tax disc holders , help 11/6/2011, 10:27 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

63Split wrote:How many pixles does it need to be for the printers??

umm , not sure , dont think it will need to be to mental , just the scan was terble

t5his is what i sent him , can you tell anything from it ?

new tax disc holders , help  - Page 2 GRTGTRRT-1

29new tax disc holders , help  - Page 2 Empty Re: new tax disc holders , help 16/6/2011, 10:40 pm

63Split

63Split

Its not pretty but I know how to do it now. I know I have not put the VW club on yet but will do shortly, i can change the words, colours anything really.

new tax disc holders , help  - Page 2 Fdktdv1

30new tax disc holders , help  - Page 2 Empty Re: new tax disc holders , help 17/6/2011, 12:48 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

nice one mate , its getting there smile

DICKIE

DICKIE

63Split wrote:Slowly getting there. Using Gimp to do it. What does the 11 stand for?
The 11 should be II,as in 2,the second wave
The original design is from a famous vw club in the states,DE KLEINER PANZERS (the little tanks)who had some lush beetles with big fuck off motors in the back.
We may have to be a little careful with the stickers as im sure they have the design copyrighted but there in the states and were over here,so i dont know.
Me and phil copied it when we started the club years ago and didnt worry about copying anyone carzzy wink
Heres the original US version
new tax disc holders , help  - Page 2 Dkplogo
They are one of the biggest and most famous vw clubs in the world..heres there site
http://www.dkpcarclub.com/
check out their members cars
Cool Cool Cool
I would bloody love one of these..
new tax disc holders , help  - Page 2 Dkp_ba10

63Split

63Split

Cool I'll tart it up and provide a few options inc fonts colours etc. The Fonts have used
are not exactly the same as those in the original, I downloaded loads of germanic fonts many
of which are so fancy its actually difficult to read. I started using Gimp 2.6 but it was a
pain, in the end I used InkScape. Once completed I'll pass on the project to Toast so can update
tweak as he sees fit. Any suggested adjustments are welcome

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

nice one , i fink as a base we want as close to the og as pos and then we'l go from there , cheers N , ps i tried with gimp and go know where smile

weardybeardy

Is there any significance in the direction the eagle is looking?
All WW2 stuff seems to have the eagle looking to the left and post war german stuff seems to have the eagle looking to the right.
Just wondered.

63Split

63Split

closest yet, still haven't found the exact same font + have had to centralise by eye. What do you reckon?

new tax disc holders , help  - Page 2 FDKV2

dicky mint

dicky mint

i like it :thumbup:

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

LUCKING REALLY GOOD MATE ,,

please take anying i say as only constructive as you have down a fab job , if anyone has an opinion plaes say as you will be the ones buying them in the end .

im not sure it needt the ww.fundubbin...com , but am not sure ,

i preferr the og font but understand its had to fine , i will have anther look but couldund get it to down load

on the og the righting round the edge is a bit bigger and the inside slightly smaller , i dont know if it matters , im just uses to seeing it that way

also the 11 is 111 on the club its robed off so maybe could use something els but 11 is fine with me

anyway , fantastic work mate cheers , will defo be using it

wat would people fink of loseing the outer edge altogether but leaveing the yellow WWW.fun.....Com in and adding a matching VOLKSWAGON CLUB at the bottom

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

63Split wrote:Now I know what I'm doing a little more anyway, changes will not be a problem.
I will centralise the circles etc so that will be spot on, I can change the eagle to match the old
one, infact there are a few eagles to choose from. If someones tells me the name of the font
I can download as I downloaded a dozen or so and this was the closest but can very easily change.
Colours no problem, fire the suggestions away.

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

http://www.germancorner.com/fonts/

is the font Gothenburg -- 33,719 bytes ? or black forest ?

what software are you useing mate ? is it a free one ? if not ill try and get it from somewhere

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

InkScape i see , il try and down load it smile

edit , i got it but dont get it

the braincell

the braincell

63Split wrote:Cool I'll tart it up and provide a few options inc fonts colours etc. The Fonts have used
are not exactly the same as those in the original, I downloaded loads of germanic fonts many
of which are so fancy its actually difficult to read. I started using Gimp 2.6 but it was a
pain, in the end I used InkScape. Once completed I'll pass on the project to Toast so can update
tweak as he sees fit. Any suggested adjustments are welcome

Is there one with the head facing the other way, and with 4 sets of feathers please ?

42new tax disc holders , help  - Page 2 Empty Re: new tax disc holders , help 22/6/2011, 10:32 pm

Mario

Mario

This is looking good Very Happy

But can i make a suggestion?

this is NOT a ctrisism,just a suggestion.....

the letter..........F........ in Fun looks a bit wierd to me.........it dont seem to flow as smoothly as the other letters.

Could it be changed in any way to make it look better??

Like i say tis only a suggestion/obsveration Very Happy

43new tax disc holders , help  - Page 2 Empty Re: new tax disc holders , help 23/6/2011, 11:12 am

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

ye agreed that f is a bit odd ,

SO people , naths doing a cracking job so can we help him by finding the oraganl font or one even closer ,

please all have a google . think it mite be gothic something but dont take my word for it .

cheers

dirty di

dirty di

just been looking through my old calligraphy books, both are gothic hand/black hand lettering ....used in the 12th century to the 15th century but the lettering in both badges are slightly different to my books, your right though toast, defo gothic hand writing

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

we still need to find this font for nath chaps

could you email me a copy of the project please mate

63Split

63Split

India bound at the mo so cannot send project just yet however will investigate the font issue whilst away.

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

OK MATE TA , HAVE A GOOD TRIP smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum