FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lowering My Bay

+2
oilyT
Stereophoney
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Lowering My Bay - Page 2 Empty Re: Lowering My Bay 12/8/2011, 2:53 pm

oilyT

oilyT

paddy wrote:If you don't specifically NEED to be able to adjust the height at the front again, after you've lowered it................... you don't need expensive adjusters.

When you've drilled the dimples you cut a slot the right length for the drop, screw a beetle wheel bolt in the tapped hole in the centre section (same thread), and knock it round. Then weld it all back up again.

One lowered beam - no parts required.

edit: needs critical measurement & calculations - the slot length is critical to the drop you'll get wink

Thats almost how i done ours. smile

27Lowering My Bay - Page 2 Empty Re: Lowering My Bay 12/8/2011, 5:09 pm

paddy

paddy

oilyT wrote:
paddy wrote:If you don't specifically NEED to be able to adjust the height at the front again, after you've lowered it................... you don't need expensive adjusters.

When you've drilled the dimples you cut a slot the right length for the drop, screw a beetle wheel bolt in the tapped hole in the centre section (same thread), and knock it round. Then weld it all back up again.

One lowered beam - no parts required.

edit: needs critical measurement & calculations - the slot length is critical to the drop you'll get wink

Thats almost how i done ours. smile

Easy innit smile

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum