FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fdk's tree thread

+4
SP2
alibabs
oilyT
Toastie
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Fdk's tree thread  Empty Fdk's tree thread 21/4/2013, 6:55 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

Right then we have a question , we want to cut some mo fo's tres down , well back a bit , opposite di's the trees are really over grown and block a lot of light , can we trim them back to the boundary ?

Any ideas ?

2Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 21/4/2013, 7:03 pm

oilyT

oilyT

Yes. you can cut back to your /their boundary. smile

3Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 21/4/2013, 7:11 pm

alibabs

alibabs

and legally thro cuttings to their side of the fence !

4Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 21/4/2013, 7:23 pm

oilyT

oilyT

alibabs wrote:and legally thro cuttings to their side of the fence !

But some times that could cause an argument. I'd rather burn it just after they have put the washing out. lol

5Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 21/4/2013, 7:25 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

It's over the private road out side , she don't own the road , still sounds like it should be ok don't it ? Anyone good with a chain saw ?

6Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 21/4/2013, 7:32 pm

SP2

SP2

You are legally allowed to trim back any trees or other vegetation that overhangs your property, but no more. If the offending "light block" tree is not overhanging your property, you can't (legally) do anything. Nobody has a legal right to a view, or light...

Al is correct, as if you chop a tree overhanging, it is the property of the tree's owner (logs etc.) so passing it back is legal, but you probably shouldn't given that it's a private road and it will appear dumped. Baz is right as it will piss off the neighbours, which is never a good thing if it can be avoided.

So if you trim it back to the border and no further, you could probably use the logs etc. (although technically that is theft!) and tidy up after yourself everybody should be happy. smile

7Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 21/4/2013, 7:38 pm

alibabs

alibabs

oilyT wrote:
alibabs wrote:and legally thro cuttings to their side of the fence !

But some times that could cause an argument. I'd rather burn it just after they have put the washing out. lol

lol ye i wouldnt thro them over it could well cause an argument !! i was just eating my tea and couldnt type that bit !

8Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 21/4/2013, 7:47 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

We would (al would) only cut it back a bit where it over hangs , it's just that its not really her boundary , I'm not sure who owns the road but every one that parks there would be happier I think

9Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 21/4/2013, 7:50 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

Fdk's tree thread  123F964F-D5A8-4B97-8974-CB90F3292A98-7328-0000044335FBDD0A_zps77af724b

10Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 21/4/2013, 7:51 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

It stick out as wide as the cars and more in places

11Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 21/4/2013, 7:53 pm

alibabs

alibabs

ye dont bother me mate ill cut the lot down if ya like !!!

or just put some copper nails/copper bands round them or in the trees they will die off in no time wink

12Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 21/4/2013, 7:54 pm

SP2

SP2

Toastie wrote:It stick out as wide as the cars and more in places

If it's a private road that might be deliberate to stop people parking possibly?

13Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 21/4/2013, 8:01 pm

alibabs

alibabs

doesnt the road just go to the back of the tyre place ?

14Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 21/4/2013, 8:22 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

Mike , no thee space to park but they come over the top ,,al I did say that to Di smile but really don't want to be a git to much , just thin it out would be good , will get her to knock on the door And if there not happy to help il get chopping .

mite ask you to giz a hand as i dont know what im doing smile and you can get hit if they kick of :incheek:

15Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 22/4/2013, 2:18 pm

dicky mint

dicky mint

Shout if you need a hand.
Done a few in my time ;-)

16Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 22/4/2013, 3:00 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

I don't know where to start so will defo need some help smile

Il get some better pic later

17Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 22/4/2013, 6:29 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

There loss of house up there Alli , and back drive to houses on the main road

18Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 22/4/2013, 7:59 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

Fdk's tree thread  2013-04-22162603_zps89786fc6

Fdk's tree thread  2013-04-22162543_zps27796e9e

Fdk's tree thread  2013-04-22162612_zps86cb9713

19Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 22/4/2013, 8:44 pm

dicky mint

dicky mint

first, I would approach the owners and ask if they mind their bush having a trim lol .
we didn't really do many private jobs, but found people can be a bit funny (even when not on their property) about cutting trees. its amazing how many peeps turn up when you spark a saw up :eek:

20Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 23/4/2013, 10:13 pm

paddy

paddy

Is it actually overhanging onto Di's property or onto a road ?

I'd be wary about just going and cutting it if it's just hanging onto the road. Council went nuts at me for doing summat similar a couple of years ago. Nothing came of it other than a bollocking - and I felled the trees that were undermining my garden wall so I was happy enough in the end wink

21Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 23/4/2013, 10:34 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

Ye just the road pad or I would get on with it , we are going to ask them and maybe a letter and we what happens . If not one or two branches will fall off now and then I expect

smile

22Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 23/4/2013, 10:43 pm

paddy

paddy

Difficult then. I'll bet that the owners won't want you cutting them.

Do you know anyone with a 7.5 tonne box van that could drive up the lane really close to the wall and smash a load of the limbs off before driving away quick? lol

23Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 23/4/2013, 10:50 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

Il ask them up do it but offer to do it so hopefully they will prefer me getting it sites than keeping going on at them , surely they are responsible for it if pushed and there defo well overgrown.

I need a flamethrower smile

24Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 23/4/2013, 11:04 pm

paddy

paddy

Toastie wrote:Il ask them up do it but offer to do it so hopefully they will prefer me getting it sites than keeping going on at them , surely they are responsible for it if pushed and there defo well overgrown.

I need a flamethrower smile

I see what you're saying mate, but on the other side of the coin - the owners could just tell you to do one, as it ain't your concern if the trees overhang a road and NOT your property.

The county highways dept could force them to cut them though - 'cos it's overhanging their road. Highways dept will do that too - but normally only after branches have fallen into the road.

Same thing happened to me with that - one of my trees dropped a big branch over the footpath next to my house. Council were straight round (within a day) telling me to shift it and make safe any branches that were 'dangerous'.

Maybe some branches could fall off, and someone report that they fell into the road making it dangerous ?

edit: is it a proper public road (adopted) or a private road ?

25Fdk's tree thread  Empty Re: Fdk's tree thread 23/4/2013, 11:19 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

I think it's private but am not sure . So spos it's even harder , fingers crossed the owners Are ok . Surely if there branch was to fall on di's car they would be liable so maybe they would want its cleared

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum