FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS??

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mario

Mario

was it 1965???
1967???
or later???
I used to know all this shit but ive forgotten Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? Icon_rolleyes (yeh yeh i know im getting old before anyone reminds me Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 869774 )

moochos grassy arse
Mario Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 77324

dicky mint

dicky mint

mine is a 70 and its irs, a 1302. Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 77324

Mario

Mario

dicky mint wrote:mine is a 70 and its irs, a 1302. Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 77324

im finkin it was 1969 now Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 549614 Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 77324

dicky mint

dicky mint

Mario wrote:
dicky mint wrote:mine is a 70 and its irs, a 1302. Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 77324

im finkin it was 1969 now Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 549614 Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 77324

you could well be right there, i recon baz will know. if i can find my bug book it will say in there i think. Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 574558

dicky mint

dicky mint

according to my book it came in in 1970 on the 1302. but also on the 1500 auto two years earlier Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 574558 .
but the 1200 kept the beam and swing axle till 1978 when theey stopped production in germany.

me = dork.
i'll get me coat Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? Icon_redface

oilyT

oilyT

only the semi autos came with beam and irs .and that would be a ball joint beam not link pin. smile

dicky mint

dicky mint

oilyT wrote:only the semi autos came with beam and irs .and that would be a ball joint beam not link pin. smile

i thought youd know baz . i bow to your greater knowledge Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 77324

oilyT

oilyT

dicky mint wrote:
oilyT wrote:only the semi autos came with beam and irs .and that would be a ball joint beam not link pin. smile

i thought youd know baz . i bow to your greater knowledge Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 77324

lol . i think the yanks had the manual irs ball joint beam pans. smile i only know becouse i was looking for one for a few months so i ended up with a 1303 pan to convert the framehead from indipendent front to beam. smile

Mario

Mario

cheers guys Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 77324
looks like i will be lookin for a ball joint beem irs'd rolling chassis then Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 16560

oilyT

oilyT

Mario wrote:cheers guys Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 77324
looks like i will be lookin for a ball joint beem irs'd rolling chassis then Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 16560

But Whats wrong with your pan though mario?. smile

Mario

Mario

oilyT wrote:
Mario wrote:cheers guys Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 77324

But Whats wrong with your pan though mario?. smile

Nowt matey, but im concerned about the scooby power.
If i swap the pan for a complete irs one it will save me major headaches...i dont dare risk that power on swing axle??!!!!
Im just gettin a bit frustrated with it all at the mo Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 730963
if i was down south things would all be so much easier as all the companies/people that do all this stuff are easy to get to Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 16560
as it is there is fuck all up here so it makes it all so much harder for me to sort stuff Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 16560

oilyT

oilyT

But you could irs your pan easy'er and cheaper than sourceing another pan and beam. Delivery and probely new pan halfs, framhead repairs. ££££. smile

DICKIE

DICKIE

oilyT wrote:But you could irs your pan easy'er and cheaper than sourceing another pan and beam. Delivery and probely new pan halfs, framhead repairs. ££££. smile
Dis man talketh sense Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 16560

Mario

Mario

oilyT wrote:But you could irs your pan easy'er and cheaper than sourceing another pan and beam. Delivery and probely new pan halfs, framhead repairs. ££££. smile

DICKIE wrote:
Dis man talketh sense Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 16560

i know guys, but can you understand my frustration?
This is how it is......

No shops oop here for parts
The ONLY place that does old vee dubs is my mates garage and it was ME that used to do all the welding there..
there is no one oop here to talk to ask for ideas or help as its pretty much just me around these parts that does all this old vee dub thing.

This is why i have to rely on good people like your good selves.But even then i get concerned that peeps will get pissed off with me ALWAYS asking stuff.
It s just a pain in the fookin arse trying to get ANY vee dub work done here,this was one of the reasons why i binned vee dubs 17, 18 yrs ago.
Its that bad up here ive actually had/have people walk up my drive whilst im welding/working on my dubs to ask me stuff and to see what im doing!!!!

Some times people down south (not you lot) forget how easy they have it when it comes to the vee dub scene.
It is far easier to speak/discuss stuff with peeps face to face rather that thru bloody puters!!
When talkin about doin this IRS swap on my oval it sounds ok it theory but then when you have to do it on the driveway your head starts spinning wondering if you have it all correct, if you have some one else to ask and they can actually look at it then it makes it easier!

Please accept my apologies for ALWAYS asking questions but pretty much its the ONLY way i can get good reliable and correct info.

Cheers guys i appreciate your time and answers and info ALL the time, i just hope you can understand my situation.

cheers

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

you can ask as much as you want as offten as you want fuck face Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 191663

Mario

Mario

TOASTIE wrote:you can ask as much as you want as offten as you want fuck face Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 191663

cheers fuck knuckle Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 77324

oilyT

oilyT

No worry's with the Questions mario i can understand how it could be. just tying to point you in the right direction so you wont be wasting time and money. i'll look into makeing a jig and getting it sent to you so there will be no way of you fitting the brackets wrong. smile trust me its not as bad a job as you think. Very Happy

Mario

Mario

oilyT wrote:No worry's with the Questions mario i can understand how it could be. just tying to point you in the right direction so you wont be wasting time and money. i'll look into makeing a jig and getting it sent to you so there will be no way of you fitting the brackets wrong. smile trust me its not as bad a job as you think. Very Happy

Aww Barry, your a fucking star mate THANKYOU sooooooo much.
That is SO kind/thoughtfull of you mate. i WONT forget this.
Let me know about any monies you spend mate n i will cover it.
You WONT realise how much that ^^^^^^ gesture means, no really you dont

THANKS mate Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 230722 Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 230722

dicky mint

dicky mint

TOASTIE wrote:you can ask as much as you want as offten as you want fuck face Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 191663

yeah course you can old bean Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 77324 .
whether i give any good answers is debatable, but i will try Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 46825 Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 46825

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 491618 's

Mario

Mario

dicky mint wrote:

yeah course you can old bean Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 77324 .
whether i give any good answers is debatable, but i will try Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 46825 Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 46825

youve done enough damage already with the cider thread Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 46825

TOASTIE wrote:Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 491618 's
Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 869774

sometimes its REALLY nice to know there are people out there that are REAL nice and make me chuffed to bits they are people i can proudly call MY FRIENDS Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 77324 (and before you do i will Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 491618 Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 491618 )

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 332341

Mario

Mario

fingers crossed cos of Barry's kind offer ^^^^^^^^

i could have just got myself a nice 2 inch narrowed beem for the Oval Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 16560 Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 77324 Beetle chassis.....when did they go IRS?? 77324

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum