FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have you read this???

+6
paddy
H
adz
Toastie
dirty di
DICKIE
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Have you read this??? Empty Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 8:57 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

This has already been law for 27 years apparently but because the fucking EU run us now,its being cracked down on Have you read this??? 867842 Have you read this??? 867842 Have you read this??? 867842
It takes a bit of reading but mine is fucked and barrys and marios
http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=618998

2Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 9:14 pm

dirty di

dirty di

read some of it and get the general gist of it but what will it mean for you barry and mario

3Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 9:26 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

You get a points system for your vehicle..
If you score more than 8 points you lose your identity and your reg,you then have to have it tested specially then given a Q plate and lose the tax exemption...only after your car complies with new laws,which ours wont without lots of work Have you read this??? 867842

vans are classed as monococgue body,meaning the chassis and body are all one..any mod to that equals 5 points
Mine has got irs and raised steering box...instant ban Have you read this??? 867842
suspension mods=1-2 points
engine mods etc all add up...a few of us are fucked..
The guy writing on the thread is from ace (association of car enthusiasts) and is helping fight some of the laws but the EU is pushing big time..
The laws have been there for 27 years but overlooked here untill now..the guy says they cannot be reversed as we have had them so long

4Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 9:31 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

cants see my buggy doing to well but as with alot of these things i will cross my fingers and hope for the best . either that or sell the fucker quick

5Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 9:37 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

Funny you say that but someone made the point that a buggy will probably be the least one to fail..
You will just get points for a shortened chassis but not enough to fail

6Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 9:40 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

Its strange how some of the mods ive done are alot to do with better handling and safety (irs)
yet it would fail.
The test is more to say the vehicle is no longer fit to be historic tax exempt because it goes past being what it was originally..which when you look at a buggy its miles away Have you read this??? 46825 yet it would pass

7Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 9:54 pm

dirty di

dirty di

thats a bummer Have you read this??? 867842 when is this law gonna be instated ??? i can't believe old splits etc are gonna be on a q plate Have you read this??? 867842

8Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 10:06 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

im not sure i fully understand it but iv got 5 for chassi then the wrong engine lowered suspension . and if its about how much of the original cars left i would guess i would get some points for having a plastic body ???

at the end of the day there fuck all left of mine tbo plus its been chopped in half

9Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 10:14 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

TOASTIE wrote:im not sure i fully understand it but iv got 5 for chassi then the wrong engine lowered suspension . and if its about how much of the original cars left i would guess i would get some points for having a plastic body ???

at the end of the day there fuck all left of mine tbo plus its been chopped in half
Beetles aren't classed as the same as vans because the pan is separate to the shell,so your chassis mods just count as one not 5.
You havn't got narrowed beam so you will be alright with that maybe just one for lowered.
Here is a real broken down version
* chassis or body shell (body and chassis as one unit - monocoque ie
direct replacement from the manufacturer) (original or new) = 5 points
* suspension = 2 points
* axles = 2 points
* transmission = 2 points
* steering assembly = 2 points
* engine = 1 point
You may get some for for shell i dont know
but apart from that yours is standard still

10Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 10:20 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

cheers rich . i bloody hope so

11Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 10:25 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

mine fucked..
I get 5 for raised steering box
and 5 for irs..
not including anything else Have you read this??? 867842 Have you read this??? 867842

12Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 10:33 pm

adz

adz

what the foooook!

so if the points stack up can u take it away from the MOT station and rectify the issues (if possible?)

narrowed adjustable beam
dropped spindles
lowered on the rear

does that all come under suspension?

do any of you know george? hes got the white and blue split on air ride, and the matt black chop top bug, he runs an mot station in gloucester, hes guna be just as fucko'd as the rest of us so he might be able to shed more light on it

13Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 10:43 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

dirty di wrote:thats a bummer Have you read this??? 867842 when is this law gonna be instated ??? i can't believe old splits etc are gonna be on a q plate Have you read this??? 867842

adz wrote:what the foooook!

so if the points stack up can u take it away from the MOT station and rectify the issues (if possible?)

narrowed adjustable beam
dropped spindles
lowered on the rear

does that all come under suspension?

do any of you know george? hes got the white and blue split on air ride, and the matt black chop top bug, he runs an mot station in gloucester, hes guna be just as fucko'd as the rest of us so he might be able to shed more light on it
Its already law,just we dont really enforce it but The EU wankers are forcing us to use the laws now..Just another way of getting rid of historic vehicles.
It only takes vosa to pull you and bring you in....eventually it will be inline with the mot i would imagine.

Adz not sure if all those things add upto separate points or not,you may still be alright..
I think george pm'd me a while back to come over and see his bus...is the garage abc commercial or something..seems like a real cool bloke Have you read this??? 77324

Di only vans with my sort of mods will Be Q plated Have you read this??? 867842

14Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 10:47 pm

adz

adz

yea man, 123 car and commercial, he is a sound guy!

so within the next few years, all the historic cars that are/were built properly will be scrapped and we will all be using perodua owners club forums, great.

i better start saving my pennies, cant choose what colour to get my kia sportage in lol

15Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 10:50 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

how it being implemented ? will it be at mot ? if not i cant see them writing to everyone and booking them in .

16Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 10:54 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

adz wrote:yea man, 123 car and commercial, he is a sound guy!

so within the next few years, all the historic cars that are/were built properly will be scrapped and we will all be using perodua owners club forums, great.

i better start saving my pennies, cant choose what colour to get my kia sportage in lol
Anything stock or under the 8 point rule will be ok,so to be fair unless you have done anything to the chassis of a bug,you should be under the points..
Vans are totally different Have you read this??? 867842
TOASTIE wrote:how it being implemented ? will it be at mot ? if not i cant see them writing to everyone and booking them in .
VOSA will enforce it to start with and i see at least one a day around nowadays..
If they see anything like mine they will pull it i guess..
Best to have a read up on the links i put up mate Have you read this??? 77324

17Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 10:55 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

It's simpler like this guys - to keep your original age related plate and be "safe" from BIVA you need to score over 8 points according to these guidelines:

* chassis or body shell (body and chassis as one unit -
monocoque ie
direct replacement from the manufacturer) (original or
new) = 5 points
* suspension = 2 points
* axles = 2 points
* transmission = 2 points
* steering assembly = 2 points

* engine = 1 point

To get the axle score both need to be original - you don't get 1 point for having an original front axle but modified rear, you get nothing. Likewise with suspension I believe.

A SWB Buggy loses 5 points because of the chunk taken out of the middle - (I believe BIVA is mandatory for chassis modifications regardless of
points score)
- but if built with stock axles, suspension, steering, transmission and engine will still score 9 points so after passing BIVA could keep it's original identity and age related plate.

And as for Split's on Q plates Di, they'll only get an identity at all if they can pass the BIVA test to be allowed back on the road - so they effectively need to have modern style collapsible steering columns fitted, modern approved type door locks, seat belt mounts and seat belts etc etc etc etc it's a bloody long list - and they will no longer be tax exempt or be allowed black/silver number plates.

This is my understanding of it - what the other thread is saying is that the "law" is effectively 27 years old but that SVA (now basically BIVA) was only started in 1998 - but that any mod's made since 1998 apply - so anyone who has done chassis work to their vehicle since 1998 (but maybe even anytime in the last 27 years!) may have their vehicles identity withdrawn and it only allowed to be re-registered and put back on the road after passing the modern style BIVA test.

It's a major headache.

18Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 11:04 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

Oh i see you need to keep 8 points and have points taken away...sorry i was mistaken on that..
Mines fucked then,theres no way it would pass a biva test without major work Have you read this??? 867842 Have you read this??? 867842 Have you read this??? 867842 Have you read this??? 867842

19Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 11:10 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

...and I think 5 of your 8 MUST be from an unmodified chassis or monocoque - once you've cut that it's an automatic BIVA

20Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 11:11 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

dickie i strugle to take detales out of big lumps of txed .

tbo honist i still dont understand so im not going to try anymore . i will just wait and see i fink .

21Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 11:16 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

ok one more go --

so am i rite in thinking nothing will happen untill you get pulled by the VOSA and if you do they will insist you go for a BIVA test . then you will have to pass it to stay as you are and if you fail you will lose your plate etc ??.

22Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 11:34 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

Basically yeah, that's about the size of it - VOSA stop or MOT time maybe - off the road until you can pass BIVA at which point you'll get either a Q or age related plate, but regardless of the plate the vehicle will never be tax exempt again it'll be a "new" car.

23Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 9/2/2010, 11:42 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

so cuz the buggys will have to have a biva it will defo lose its age ? . thats a pisser . it was even built pre 73 .

mite be time to get rid then sad

24Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 12:56 am

paddy

paddy

My view ?

This is going to get a load of BAD modified VW's off the road. (i.e. this is good)

Those of us who will be pulled by VOSA - Dickie, Toast, Bar, me when I eventually pull my finger out - will not give in and 'fold' and stop doing old VWs.

So what happens when you lose the identity of the vehicle under the test ?

You get a new vehicle identity, logbook and registration, and lose tax exemption.

A 220 quid / year tax disc is four quid a week. So what ? I'll buy you 2 pints for the first week, just to soften the blow. Have you read this??? 46825 A reg number is a reg number. Would be nice to have a nice black and silver one...... but so what if you then decide to break the law further and run a non compliant plate that reads **59 *** on a pressed black/silver plate?

For aircooled cars - I actually like this idea TBH. There are some shocking busses out there particularly that will end up being sold/broken/taken off the roads because of this.

Above all - you gotta ask yourslef .......... did you get into these cars because they are tax exempt or because the're just cool ?

Sense or utter shite ?

25Have you read this??? Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 2:39 am

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

Ye mAte can see you you meen . I wouldn't want a Q plate if that's the plan though

But to be honist the way my life is at the mo I would of sold it last yeAr if it hasunt had free tax . Got to use it so little and get ear ack about storing it so couple of hundred a year to keep it was ok but 400 a year ain't werth it for me at the mo and I'm gessing this new test will have to be payed for and will be realy harsh . Id be better of with a nice dayly golf or something . Not made me mind up but could be the end of the buggy for me tbo

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum