FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have you read this???

+6
paddy
H
adz
Toastie
dirty di
DICKIE
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 7:52 am

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

paddy wrote:My view ?

This is going to get a load of BAD modified VW's off the road. (i.e. this is good)

Those of us who will be pulled by VOSA - Dickie, Toast, Bar, me when I eventually pull my finger out - will not give in and 'fold' and stop doing old VWs.

What is going to bite really though is not the loss of tax exemption - it is whether it will be possible to even get some of these vehicles through BIVA either technically or economically.

As has been clearly stated on that thread and elsewhere, it is much easier to plan a new project to comply than to retrospectively repair an old one - there is a lot that will need clarifying and interpreting - restoration of an old vehicle is permitted, but will you be allowed to "repair" a chassis mod that has been busted by VOSA? The reg's say something along the lines of a new shell from the manufacturer, VW haven't made any new Split monocoques for a long time...

27Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 9:10 am

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

One more thing . If they re clasafiy the age will it afict getTing clasic insurance ?

28Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 10:49 am

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

TOASTIE wrote:One more thing . If they re clasafiy the age will it afict getTing clasic insurance ?
As I read it you will not qualify for classic insurance as your car will be newly registered and considered "new" again. confused

29Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 12:09 pm

Mario

Mario

im at work so cant read all this now BUT

i have a fucking BIG machine gun and plenty of fuckin bullets for the vosa and eu man... Have you read this??? - Page 2 16560

im fucked anyway cos my van is only 2 foot tall now will they include that in their test Have you read this??? - Page 2 46825 Have you read this??? - Page 2 46825

30Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 1:32 pm

butty

butty

Edited by Mario..
MP sent to you to explain why.

cheers
Mario Have you read this??? - Page 2 77324

31Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 1:43 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

Edited by Mario.
MP sent explaining why
cheers

32Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 2:01 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

I can't see them beleaving are buggys are standerd even it the tester press's the rite buttons . Is this a new button or has it always been there . What pisses me of is mine was a buggy in 1970 so I'm told.

33Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 5:45 pm

Mario

Mario

right ive had some time to soak this up now im orf work....................

1st, people need to STOP panicking over this.
2nd. a lot of this BIVA shit is gonna come down,as usual,to personal interpretation............ie......the Biva examiner in one area is/will gonna read things different to an examiner in another area AND WE as the owners again will have a different view.So it will ALL need clarifying.

Personally i am NOT gonna lose sleep over this sort of bollox,EU fuck em,some fucking toffee nosed european money grabbing fuckwit that dont know his arse from his elbow, will be pushing all this shit thru!!

Dickie...............what mods you done mate? hydro suspension...irs....steering, what else mate???
I am reading thru the ACE stuff and already i am seeing some gaps in their(VOSA) answers to ACE and in what is written on the Direct gov (dvla) site.
Like i said up there^^^^^ its gonna come down to personal interpretation....
For example................
take my splitty...............
Body/chassis mods= NONE so therefore i expect FIVE points(the max you start with)
Suspension (this is where for us i see it being vague) Lowered YES,shocks i expect fucked on these too so therefore no points out of poss 2
Axles again dodgy area. i am still using FACTORY spindles.....and on the back og drive shafts.(ive not done irs yet) so i would expect to get the max points of 2 (but on a vee dub what do VOSA class as an axle???????) my beem? to me, is NOT an axle!!!!
Transmission...........again i would expect max points i am using a FACTORY g/box............2 points
steering....... fucked nil points
engine...... i am using a FACTORY unit full points of 1

so,therefore i see my van scoring TEN(10) points.

Now BEFORE anyone goes off on one and starts ranting in reply to me........

i have done this above ^^^^^ to try and show MY(ME,Mario,Myself) OWN interpretation on how I see it.YOU and others will interprate MY splitty differently.
Again BEFORE going off on one................i have used TWO different websites to come to MY conclusions above.And this has taken me over an hour to write.

This law and i use the term loosely, is very ambiguous(sp) and personally think its gonna take a lot to sort.
Here's another point........................the VOSA Inspector...how is he trained???? are they trained on EVERY type of Manufacturers vehicle and where do they train??? at every manufacturer??? i dont fucking think so. There is a lot more to this still yet to come i think.....

EU beauracratic fuck wits strike again...wankers the lot of em!!!

Worried,me?????
Nope like i said oop there^^^^ fuck them,
Now please dont think i am being blase about this,cos im NOT.And NO im NOT being a flash cunt either
At the end of the day, once this is sorted correctly, it will get a lot of the death traps OFF the road and also, if i do lose my age related plates and historic tax(which i more than likely will on BOTH my dubs) and end up on Q plates, then SO BE IT...............my splitty will STILL be a 1967 rhd vw split panel van( all be it a squashed one) and my oval will STILL be a 1956 lhd vw oval beetle and i will STILL fucking enjoy owning and using them for as long as i am able to.
If/when i get pulled i will tke it from there and see what happens.The way im gonna try and look at this,is as an extra strict MOT,what else i can i do??

right, i need a lie down now, the blood has rushed to my head and i feel giddy Have you read this??? - Page 2 46825 Have you read this??? - Page 2 46825

34Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 6:22 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

* chassis or body shell (body and chassis as one unit - monocoque ie
direct replacement from the manufacturer) (original or new) = 5 points
* suspension = 2 points
* axles = 2 points
* transmission = 2 points
* steering assembly = 2 points
* engine = 1 point

from what i can make out mine -

chassis 0
suspension = 2
axles = 2
transmission = 2
steering assembly = 2
engine = 1

maybe i would have to put a standard beem back in if that comes in to it . but i recon a can scoor 9

H has seen that as a buggy im fucked anyway , i haveunt found that bit
yet but dont dout him . so im totaly up in the air at mo (and so would
the buggy be with the old beam in Have you read this??? - Page 2 Smile )

ps can anyone find a link to the buggy forum that someone called JOULIAN off vzi runs . im i member but cant find it . think it would be the best place for me to find out .

35Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 6:50 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

paddy wrote:My view ?

This is going to get a load of BAD modified VW's off the road. (i.e. this is good)

Those of us who will be pulled by VOSA - Dickie, Toast, Bar, me when I eventually pull my finger out - will not give in and 'fold' and stop doing old VWs.

So what happens when you lose the identity of the vehicle under the test ?

You get a new vehicle identity, logbook and registration, and lose tax exemption.

A 220 quid / year tax disc is four quid a week. So what ? I'll buy you 2 pints for the first week, just to soften the blow. Have you read this??? - Page 2 46825 A reg number is a reg number. Would be nice to have a nice black and silver one...... but so what if you then decide to break the law further and run a non compliant plate that reads **59 *** on a pressed black/silver plate?

For aircooled cars - I actually like this idea TBH. There are some shocking busses out there particularly that will end up being sold/broken/taken off the roads because of this.

Above all - you gotta ask yourslef .......... did you get into these cars because they are tax exempt or because the're just cool ?

Sense or utter shite ?
good points paddy but....
For your vehicle to pass the biva test to even get the Q plate,it has to be modernised to meet the new car status..
Collapsible steering column,modern locks etc etc..
Can you imagine having to change the whole way the locks fit and work on a 50 year old bus..who makes collapsible steering columns???..
H reckons there are loads and loads of mods you would have to do to pass

The Q plate thing for me isnt really much of an issue,or losing tax exemption...changing loads of the van to get the BIVA is Have you read this??? - Page 2 77324

36Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 6:54 pm

Mario

Mario

DICKIE...........where did you see the bit about collapsable steering column etc?????

37Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 6:59 pm

Mario

Mario

my head is spinning with this lot so im gonna take a time out n watch american hotrod Have you read this??? - Page 2 77324

38Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 7:07 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

Mario wrote:DICKIE...........where did you see the bit about collapsable steering column etc?????
H mentioned it on the vzi thread last night..
Hes read loads about what mods you need to do to get the Q plate..
Collapsible steering,modern door locks is what he wrote last night..
I wouldnt mind seeing the full list of mods you need to do.

39Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 8:10 pm

Mario

Mario

DICKIE wrote:
Mario wrote:DICKIE...........where did you see the bit about collapsable steering column etc?????

yeh i wanna see this list too. Not that im doubting H but with the work ive done and am gonna do on my oval i wanna see it all before i proceed.

40Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 8:18 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

DICKIE wrote:
Firstly, I'm no expert - my general knowledge is gleaned from a few years of casually researching the old SVA as I have a very strong interest in sandrails - as soon as you build a new chassis you needed an SVA now BIVA. For years folks have been skirting the established regulations, a lot of these cars will ultimately be taken off the road due to these reg's finally being enforced, probably to never return.

The basic concept is it has to uphold modern safety standards, lighting, braking, passenger safety etc - I'm reading the finalised BIVA manual now, but the old SVA called for safety switches, modern padded steering wheels, head restraints collapsing steering columns (not that new, Bay's have them), 3-point belts with certain sorts of mounts, door locks that can't jam in an accident, all that sort of stuff - not hard to plan into a kit or new project, but a ballache to remedy in a 50 year old vehicle. Also I believe, if you have an engine conversion, from say a 90's Subaru, then you have to have all the emissions control stuff intact to strangle it to the appropriate emissions standard that would have applied to the donor car.

More later when I've read the new reg's.

Toast - if you can prove that your Buggy was built in 197x, through having the body change properly recorded on the logbook (not always done) when it was done then you should be OK for having had the spine shortened - but any mod's that could affect the whole identity of the vehicle in the last 27 years but definitely since 1998 could still send you off for BIVA as I understand it.

41Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 8:20 pm

H

H
MOSTLY LOST

Mario wrote:
DICKIE wrote:

yeh i wanna see this list too. Not that im doubting H but with the work ive done and am gonna do on my oval i wanna see it all before i proceed.

Clicky here - http://www.the-ace.org.uk/biva-manual-finalised.html - then download the BIVA pdf - I'm reading it now.

42Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 8:51 pm

Mario

Mario

H wrote:
Mario wrote:
DICKIE wrote:

Clicky here - http://www.the-ace.org.uk/biva-manual-finalised.html - then download the BIVA pdf - I'm reading it now.

Have you read this??? - Page 2 46825 Have you read this??? - Page 2 46825 SNAP H ive just made it a shoutout oop there in at the top of chat^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

43Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 9:15 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

just had a look at all my stuff . iv got mot's back to 85 but dont say buggy on um . some pics from 96 and a reseit for JMS in 95 but no profe of when it was built .

44Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 9:44 pm

Mario

Mario

TOASTIE wrote:just had a look at all my stuff . iv got mot's back to 85 but dont say buggy on um . some pics from 96 and a reseit for JMS in 95 but no profe of when it was built .

Toastie,mate,
First things first matey....................................

you have to get PULLED by them first, so dont go winding yasell oop or worryin yasell Have you read this??? - Page 2 16560 Have you read this??? - Page 2 230722

speak to dickie n he will tell ya what i said to him on the fone earlier................ask him what i said about me being up here and you lot down there.You will understand what i mean when he explains Have you read this??? - Page 2 16560 Have you read this??? - Page 2 230722

45Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 9:47 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

ok mate . tbo im not to stresed as i will just have to sell if it comes to it . its not part of me like it is for some of you . the only thing im worryed about is if all swb buggys will need it in witch case i will get puller

46Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 9:59 pm

oilyT

oilyT

Ive had enough of this fucking country. :mad: any one fancy a mass exoudos to calli.

47Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 10:03 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

oilyT wrote:Ive had enough of this fucking country. :mad: any one fancy a mass exoudos to calli.
Agreed mate Have you read this??? - Page 2 867842
Tons of hard work,sweat,love and MONEY and the fucking thing will be worthless if this carries on

48Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 10:05 pm

Mario

Mario

oilyT wrote:Ive had enough of this fucking country. :mad: any one fancy a mass exoudos to calli.

thing is Barry its not THIS country its fucking monkies foreheads running the fucking EU,they are the cunts driving it..

fuck it im gonna buy an island and do what the fuck i want..that'll fuckin teach the cunts.......Mcmario land Have you read this??? - Page 2 77324
Modded Vee Dubs only Have you read this??? - Page 2 46825

49Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 10:15 pm

DICKIE

DICKIE

Rad dubs has made a good point earlier..
A 50 year old modded split that loses its identity because of the mods,will fail the BIVA test for re registration on just the headlight glass alone..it has to be eu stamped(or whatever is needed) that headlight glass is not available,meaning the van will never get its Q plate

50Have you read this??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have you read this??? 10/2/2010, 11:12 pm

Rad Dubs and Englishmen

Evening all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum