FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

golf mark 2 a reg wont start

+3
adz
OOORRRR-George
djkoz09
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1golf mark 2 a reg wont start Empty golf mark 2 a reg wont start 30/6/2010, 4:20 pm

djkoz09

djkoz09

hey guys im new to the site

my mums ex gave me a golf mark 2 1.3 and it just wont fully kick over, i changed the condenser and the point as it looked a lil bit burnt out, whats a good way to align them as mine might not be done right, or it could be something else that im missing

any ideas?

OOORRRR-George

OOORRRR-George

hi mate
explain wont fully kick over?
G

adz

adz

also when u say align them do u mean set the points gap or do set the position of the distributor (timing)?

djkoz09

djkoz09

i meant like it turns over but dont start, i meant the points gap i think but i moved it up a bit and it worked smile also had a losse wire on it and got a new plug readjusted the choke as it started over accelerating and now it runs like a beauty, booked it in for a full service as there is oil in the air system and i havnt got the tools etc to drain the system and refil it all

djkoz09

djkoz09

thanks for the help tho guys smile

OOORRRR-George

OOORRRR-George

Man..u talk in some kinda riddle language! oil in air system? wierd. A full service aint a cure all wink bear that in mind. Many people think it is wink
Glad you managed to fix it on yer own, always a good feelin.
Good luck with it
G

dicky mint

dicky mint

OOORRRR-George wrote:Glad you managed to fix it on yer own, always a good feelin.
Good luck with it
G

what he said, always feels good when you sort it yourself. golf mark 2 a reg wont start 801300

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

dicky mint wrote:
OOORRRR-George wrote:Glad you managed to fix it on yer own, always a good feelin.
Good luck with it
G

what he said, always feels good when you sort it yourself. golf mark 2 a reg wont start 801300

golf mark 2 a reg wont start 808384

dicky mint

dicky mint

TOASTIE wrote:
dicky mint wrote:
Good luck with it
G

golf mark 2 a reg wont start 808384

sort the car, not feeling tense golf mark 2 a reg wont start 869774

djkoz09

djkoz09

and now the starter motor has gone sad anyone got any spare or know anyone?

dicky mint

dicky mint

try a breakers, usually plenty of them kicking around. i think the 1.3 polo mk2 and mk3 are the same but i would check the numbers.

djkoz09

djkoz09

part numbers right?
im going to try and lie under the car and get the motor out and check the connections as its covered in shite obviously from a leak or something, 100 quid for a reconditioned one sad well from euro parts, it looks like its guna rain soon but will prob start on the car soon,

haynes manual says 'if starter motor turns car slowly then check connections, brushes may be worn, and a couple of other lil things'

i knew it was a bad idea letting the car have a womans touch (my mum) sad

djkoz09

djkoz09

adz

adz

£69 +vat from gsf dude

also, give twigworth breakers a try, i got a good price off them for one for a mk1 golf last year.

smile

bentheboffin

with the starter if you can use one out of a polo 1.3 just make sure its the same gearbox type as yours ie 4 or 5 speed

16golf mark 2 a reg wont start Empty Re: golf mark 2 a reg wont start 10/7/2010, 9:07 am

djkoz09

djkoz09

well i took the starter motor out and pulled it apart and i dunno if im right in thinking that the blocks that the brushes look like they run from are even part of the brushes, basicly 1 block is really worn down another is half way and 2 are long, am i right in thinking this is the problem and that replaceing them would be cheaper then a new motor? oh and also the inside was full of crap lol

17golf mark 2 a reg wont start Empty Re: golf mark 2 a reg wont start 10/7/2010, 12:02 pm

Gal

Gal

yep try changing them. might be worth doing the whole lot

18golf mark 2 a reg wont start Empty Re: golf mark 2 a reg wont start 10/7/2010, 3:28 pm

djkoz09

djkoz09

lol poped into the breakers up the road from me and they said £40, going to go get it monday and hopefully it works smile

19golf mark 2 a reg wont start Empty Re: golf mark 2 a reg wont start 18/7/2010, 7:20 pm

djkoz09

djkoz09

well that starter motor didnt work so i took it back and they fixed the 1 had had dropped in and showed it worked, but the car still wont go, i am trying more petrol as i know it might have been low and it sounds a bit like its low/empty, any other suggestions on what to try? im going to clean the spark plugs tomorrow and then try it again but i dont know if itll work sad anyone in bristol area that cud give a hand that knows what theyre doing?

20golf mark 2 a reg wont start Empty Re: golf mark 2 a reg wont start 18/7/2010, 8:19 pm

dicky mint

dicky mint

is the battery charged up proper?
check for sparks at the plugs, then if not there could be distributor related. ie, cap, rotor arm or leads.
or is the fuel getting through?
i had a problem with my 1300polo and it was the small ignition unit on the bulkhead, its a small black box on an aluminium plate with a multi pin plug going into it.
hope this helps.

21golf mark 2 a reg wont start Empty Re: golf mark 2 a reg wont start 18/7/2010, 9:50 pm

djkoz09

djkoz09

well the car sounded healthyer smile just sounds like its out of fuel, batterys on charge tonight so its full again as it was full when i tryed it after refitting the starter motor (been playing xbox and stuff in the car lol so it went flat again)

are you on about the ignition coil by any chance? and iv fitted new point and condenser on the distrubitor and it worked after i done that but then it died after a week sad

22golf mark 2 a reg wont start Empty Re: golf mark 2 a reg wont start 18/7/2010, 10:03 pm

djkoz09

djkoz09

oh wait, i think you mean the thing thats basicly under the windcreen but also under the bonnet bit? that has like 10 - 20 wires?

23golf mark 2 a reg wont start Empty Re: golf mark 2 a reg wont start 18/7/2010, 10:03 pm

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

have the points closed up ? do um again . try some easy start down the carb . if its trys to run then you have a spark .

24golf mark 2 a reg wont start Empty Re: golf mark 2 a reg wont start 19/7/2010, 8:56 am

djkoz09

djkoz09

whats easy start? ill pm you my number and you can talk me through it, sorry im not the best at all these car things but with my adhd im normally good at problem solving lol

25golf mark 2 a reg wont start Empty Re: golf mark 2 a reg wont start 19/7/2010, 10:52 am

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

Easy start is a spray you can get in any car place . There's no point me ringing you as the sum of my nolige is up there . You need to speak to Goerge or oliy t or someone clever , best of look d

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum