FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM
FDK HOME
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey H,i can come visit you at home in the split soon

+6
greenfyre
Mario
The Reverend Mad Cyril
H
Toastie
DICKIE
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

DICKIE

DICKIE

TOASTIE wrote:
DICKIE wrote:
greenfyre wrote:Its cheaper!! and easier to ft, i think, that is, if ive listened to anything Dickies been on about this week! Hey H,i can come visit you at home in the split soon - Page 2 46825
Fucking hell clare,thats possibly the first time you have ever taken any notice of what ive said before Hey H,i can come visit you at home in the split soon - Page 2 46825
You are correct...
Its easily quarter of the price (im getting the whole kit for the price of just the pump Hey H,i can come visit you at home in the split soon - Page 2 77324 )
And the only mods you need to do,is swap the shocks for the rams.

i think you have to take the tortion bars out to . or some of them . or els it wont move . does that make sence ?
No you leave everything as is with hydraulics.
You can remove the leaves and replace with a bar that just moves the torsion arms..but you are completely relying on the rams to hold the vehicle up,if it fails,down you go.
If you keep everything as normal,if anything fails you still have the original suspension to hold it up.
The rams will easily twist the torsion bars no probs...loads safer
The rams will push the torsion arms down

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

im not sure about this . if the rams push / twist the tortion bar the supention will be well hard . mine had all taken out one end and half the other . if you dont let the rams be the suspention i dont get it .ni spos it could be set up for drivin but the rams bend it to sit on the floor when you get there . but imo you would have far more contol with out the bars . i could be rong but it dont happen very oftern

DICKIE

DICKIE

TOASTIE wrote:im not sure about this . if the rams push / twist the tortion bar the supention will be well hard . mine had all taken out one end and half the other . if you dont let the rams be the suspention i dont get it .ni spos it could be set up for drivin but the rams bend it to sit on the floor when you get there . but imo you would have far more contol with out the bars . i could be rong but it dont happen very oftern
You are seriously wrong this time toast Hey H,i can come visit you at home in the split soon - Page 2 46825
The bounce you get with front suspension is mainly from the torsion leaves,the more you twist,the bouncier they are,they act as springs when they twist.
The shocks are just dampners to make it more cushy.the bounce of suspension does not come from the shock/rams it comes from the leaves.
You take leaves out the harsher it gets.
Also toast you cant take out half one side and all the other like you said,cuz they are about 7 long bars all the same length from one side to the other.
Also the rams dont bend it to sit on the floor,when its on the floor,thats the suspension back to what you lowered it to yourself,hydraulics and air dont lower a vehicle,you do.they only raise it.
And finally,if you take out the beam leaves,what does your arms attach to?? Hey H,i can come visit you at home in the split soon - Page 2 574558

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

i ment back and front not side to side . i may be very rong but i understand more than it may come acroos with my riting . but amagin this . you take all the shocks off your bus and it will sit almost the same but it will bounce about and it has no damening . so you stick the rams on instead then how have you got control over the hight ? the tortion bars set the hight . the only thing the rams will do when longer or shoter eill stifun it up if there to long or to sort . if there in the middle they will acked as shockes . far as i can se if you dont let the bars more you cant adjust the hight without makein it stiff .

i realy dont no if im missin somthin and had a few but mine had the bars at the back taken out or cut so the 2 sides could work independent and some of the bars out at the front so the rams could do there stuff smile fodd for fort mate . not sure

DICKIE

DICKIE

TOASTIE wrote:i ment back and front not side to side . i may be very rong but i understand more than it may come acroos with my riting . but amagin this . you take all the shocks off your bus and it will sit almost the same but it will bounce about and it has no damening . so you stick the rams on instead then how have you got control over the hight ? the tortion bars set the hight . the only thing the rams will do when longer or shoter eill stifun it up if there to long or to sort . if there in the middle they will acked as shockes . far as i can se if you dont let the bars more you cant adjust the hight without makein it stiff .

i realy dont no if im missin somthin and had a few but mine had the bars at the back taken out or cut so the 2 sides could work independent and some of the bars out at the front so the rams could do there stuff Hey H,i can come visit you at home in the split soon - Page 2 85197 fodd for fort mate . not sure
If you take out the rear torsion bars (which the whole of the rear end attaches too) you are completely relying on the rams to hold up your van,if they fail,you are fucked.
I spoke to ray from rayvern hydraulics (the guy that makes all the car hydraulics) for an hour the other day and he insists you use all of your existing suspension as it is.
All you do is change the shocks for the rams and wire up the pump,job done
All the rams do is raise the car by twisting the torsion arms which in turn pushes the wheels towards the floor.
The more the rams open,the more it twists the torsion arms downwards,the higher the vehicle goes.
When the car hits a bump,it pushes the rams upwards the same as a shocker does.
The cushiness depends on how you have set the accumulators up.too much hydrgen gas in the bag and it will be too hard,too little gas and it will be too soft.

If your old van had the rear torsion bars taken out,the only thing holding your springplates in place will be the springplate covers Hey H,i can come visit you at home in the split soon - Page 2 455759 very very dangerous.
To be honest mate your old van was dangerous in todays specs,you should never take torsion leaves out of a van because of the weight

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

like i say shager i dont no . only goin on the info i been given . maybe it was some out the back and all out the front . i recon baz will recall . at the end of the day if you have the info from the chap and it works im well happy ., im realy pleased you gone for it , i been on at you for ages to go air but this is defo a good option ,. the only thing i dont like about your van is the userbility of it and if this sort it it will be perficked .ps my bus was a ropey oll reck and its verry posible it was done all rong . but it was fun smile

DICKIE

DICKIE

I think what it was mate,was yours was done before anyone made dropped spindles and adjustable springplates.
so they just dropped it the easiest way you could back then by taking out some of the torsion leaves.
Nowadays you dont need to do that because its all made for you and easy to buy.
Ive spoke to loads of folk via pm or email about it just so i know what im getting into.
Cheers toast mate,it hopefully will help the van loads Hey H,i can come visit you at home in the split soon - Page 2 77324 Hey H,i can come visit you at home in the split soon - Page 2 77324

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

but i dont no if the rams will be strong enuff to lift the 2 tone of scrap you have bolted to the front

DICKIE

DICKIE

TOASTIE wrote:but i dont no if the rams will be strong enuff to lift the 2 tone of scrap you have bolted to the front
But your buggys in the garage aint it?? Hey H,i can come visit you at home in the split soon - Page 2 46825

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

no its out the back of mine Hey H,i can come visit you at home in the split soon - Page 2 66342 i recon you should check with you landlord that the fondations are strong enuff for you truck . you may go in one day and it will be face down with barrys hedge hog

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

ps my buggys goin like fuck since baz fucked with the timin . but i neirly totaled it today . it was so close . 2 lock ups , the back of one car the front of another . just misted some lamp posts and ended up in someone's drive . it was propper scary . cuz a was so low all i could see was bits of car comin at me . i should of had hydrolics

DICKIE

DICKIE

shit mate Hey H,i can come visit you at home in the split soon - Page 2 455759 you dont wanna hit anything in that buggy,it would be like a head on in a lego factory Hey H,i can come visit you at home in the split soon - Page 2 46825
Seriously though,glad your all ok toastus

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

im guna do a reconsrution with some of crumbs cars sone and do i vid . ye i fibk if id hit the one striat on id of been fucked as it was big . my head was level with the bottom of his bumper . he would of drove stait up on me . part of me wants to sell it but it was so lush in it today im not ready to lose it yet

Spangle

Spangle

TOASTIE wrote:i had it on a bay http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/video.php?do=viewdetails&videoid=132

when i had it it jumped better but looked orible Hey H,i can come visit you at home in the split soon - Page 2 85197

Loz just said that looks like there's a fat bird in there having sex. If Dicky fits that on his bus, how we gonna know if he's playing with his rams or got lucky with a chubby?

Dan

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

depends if hes anywhere neir vzi campin i gess

DICKIE

DICKIE

BINGO!!

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

what did you get the line or the full house . the 4 corners dont count

DICKIE

DICKIE

Two fat ladies i think

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

just incase you missed it on vissy . i recon this looks ace

Hey H,i can come visit you at home in the split soon - Page 2 222-1

DICKIE

DICKIE

Have you put new wheels on the micra??

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

thats a runo 5 you nobber . if i did the micra it would be far more jubered

DICKIE

DICKIE

TOASTIE wrote:thats a runo 5 you nobber . if i did the micra it would be far more jubered
all them chav cars look the same to me Hey H,i can come visit you at home in the split soon - Page 2 46825

Toastie

Toastie
modmin

micras are not chav cars are they , lets be fair theree ace arnt they

DICKIE

DICKIE

As one speed dodgems go,yes i guess they're alright

paddy

paddy

TOASTIE wrote:micras are not chav cars are they , lets be fair theree ace arnt they

Not even slightly chavvy, the good old Micra

Hey H,i can come visit you at home in the split soon - Page 2 Rage_micra4
Hey H,i can come visit you at home in the split soon - Page 2 Kev5
Hey H,i can come visit you at home in the split soon - Page 2 Orange_flip_micra

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum